Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PC Focusing

Quote Originally Posted by pander69 View Post
    Daily paper out of Marshall, MN. I have a regular full-time job with The Schwan Food Company but couldn't stay away from sports!
    I'm guessing you've covered Southwest Minnesota State then? I'm on the other side of Mankato.

Ray Rice Collector: Rice is similar to MJD, so many cards, and they can show up any day. Just hard to fork over the money for some of the super nice ones. You do have a great collection of Rice, by the way.
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrew06 View Post
    I'm guessing you've covered Southwest Minnesota State then? I'm on the other side of Mankato.
    You're right. Played football there for a year also until I switched over to rugby.
    Hidden Content
    Focusing on Chad Greenway and John Carlson.
    If you don't use at least a top loader and a bubble mailer, let me know before we trade.

Bucket: Hidden Content

I stick to my personal PC (Serial #'d 1/????) in any sport. I am a teacher with limited funds that loves to collect. I don't bend to the pressure of "you need my 1/????" for "X $$" You would be amamzed what you can find in the bargin bins

Adam
    Hidden Content

BRING ME ALL SERIAL #1/???? in All SPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by adam1bancroft View Post
    I stick to my personal PC (Serial #'d 1/????) in any sport. I am a teacher with limited funds that loves to collect. I don't bend to the pressure of "you need my 1/????" for "X $$" You would be amamzed what you can find in the bargin bins

Adam
    Props for being a teacher and collecting. I think we've talked before while making a deal. In the same boat as you, teach 1st grade. Top priority is having money to travel to Europe then spend some on collecting.
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

Quote Originally Posted by pander69 View Post
    Sportlots varies by the seller. A lot are under a buck for one card and go to $1.50 or so for 2-4. It's always best to try to find as many from one seller to cut down on shipping.
    Exactly. there may be 20 sellers with the same card for sale. if you automatically pick the cheapest card you may end up with a 50 lot of cards from 5 or 6 sellers each of whom have their own shipping charge. If you are careful you can pick and choose the sellers and limit the number of different ones. sometimes it's better to pay 10 cents more for a card with a seller you have a bunch of cards from than save the 10 cents and have a new seller. Also, most sellers have discounts for certain levels of cards so be sure you look for that. Moving 3 cards from one seller to another might put you in the next discount bracket.
    Steve Schindler

Collect what you want to collect. Collect players and cards that you like. Collect what you can afford. Collect for you, not to try to impress someone else. If you do this you will much more likely to enjoy the hobby and stay with it.

I'm guilty of starting a new PC, actually 2 of them (Jay Novacek and Ty Detmer), when the cards for my main PC (Troy Aikman) started getting more difficult. I have to admit I have enjoyed collecting their too but at times do feel like I could have put that money into the Aikman cards. In the end I am hoping to do the supercollector thing for all three of them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234