Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maryland Democrat wants to silence NFL player for openly supporting gay marriage

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ma...-marriage.html

Brendon Ayanbadejo is in his 10th season as an NFL linebacker, the last five with the Baltimore Ravens. The two-time All-Pro hails from Santa Cruz, Calif., attended UCLA and throughout his career has lived a vibrant, out-of-football life.

He's written columns for his hometown paper, the Santa Cruz Sentinel. He's fought for federal legislation requiring schools to monitor kids' physical activities and promote proper nutrition. He's worked relentlessly on environmental sustainability issues.

And, of late, he's been a major advocate of same sex marriage, which was legalized in Maryland earlier this year but faces a ballot initiative in November.

It's that stance, and Ayanbadejo's actions in support, that found him under the wrath of a local pastor and state house of delegates-member Emmett C. Burns Jr. (D-Baltimore County).

Burns went nuts last week, firing off a letter on Maryland House of Delegate letterhead to Ravens owner Steven Bisciotti seeking action against Ayanbadejo.

"I find it inconceivable that one of your players, Mr. Brendon Ayanbadejo would publicly endorse Same-Sex marriage, specifically as a Raven Football player," Burns wrote in the letter first obtained by WBAL-TV. "Many of my constituents and your football supporters are appalled and aghast that a member of the Ravens Football Team would step into this controversial divide and try to sway public opinion one way or the other.

"Many of your fans are opposed to such a view and feel it has no place in a sport that is strictly for pride, entertainment and excitement," Burns continued. "I believe Mr. Ayanbadejo should concentrate on football and steer clear of dividing the fan base.

"I am requesting that you take the necessary action, as a National Football League Owner, to inhibit such expressions from your employees and that he be ordered to cease and desist such injurious actions. I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing."

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Typical democrat .

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

come on now, even I was shocked he was a democrat and not a republican

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I don't live in Maryland anymore but if I did I would defitenly be voting Burns out of office. He is not only a bitter old man but he needs a serious history lesson. There was a time not too long ago in this country when politicians would have spoke out against his right to vote, get an education or marry a woman of his chosing. I actually wrote about people like him on my facebook page this morning. (I'm not going to get into details of that but pm me and I will give you my fb info). Some people have really forgotton who their history and need a serious reality check.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

This Burns guy sounds like a joke. I'm assuming he wants to shut Ayanbadejo up because he doesn't stand on the same side of the issue as he does. I like that he said he needs to shut him up because no other NFL player has done this... I say it's time for more. Shame on Burns for trying to get his employer to limit his freedom of speech when he's not representing his team in a poor light. It's sad that a legislator would send such a letter and try to have Ayanbadejo quieted.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Brendon sure did handle Burns' letter response with a lot of class, good for him

SCF Rewards
    Country

This ppoliticians need to know that there are more important things to worry about. Also, there is something called Freedom of Speech. He might want to go back and review that one. Also, why do politicans hire Press Secretaries and all those assistants, for situations like this one. Clearly, they do not use them.