Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting TTM!

BANNED

Country
    See sufi869's Items on eBay

What about postage, say I send 2 cards and a letter how many stamps on that one? Then what about the SASE

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

What about postage, say I send 2 cards and a letter how many stamps on that one? Then what about the SASE

As long as you are not sending GU cards that are really thick, one stamp on the envelope and one on the SASE are enough. If you send to anyone in Canada, postage does differ.

This also reminds me a big rule of thumb. Never send something that you can't stand to lose. Too many times TTM's don't come back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Send smaller envelope along with 1 or 2 cards and a short note to your favorite ballplayer to request that he signs. NBA is right around the corner and Dirk is as close as a slam dunk ttm as you can get. You can write him c/o the dallas mavs. I also got ttm success from former nfl qbs Joe Theismann, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts and Jay Fielder.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you want baseball success try for Pat Neshek and any minor leaguer theyre almost always a success.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If you want baseball success try for Pat Neshek and any minor leaguer theyre almost always a success.

Yeah I forgot about Pat Neshek. Although I never had the pleasure of trying him myself I heard that he is pretty much a slam dunk for baseball. Where is he playing at right now?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Baltimore's AAA Tidefolk I believe. Nice guy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sidelinegifts's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

You can place up to 5 regular trading cards with letter in an envelope for one forever stamp. The return envelope will also need one forever stamp. i always place to blank index cards around the cards for protection. Sometimes the athlete or celebrity will sign those which is a bonus if you want to have cut signature custom cards made. Hard cover books are a great item to get signed as well. Plus , books have a higher value than signed cards.

Now the letter.. Handwritten letters are more personal than a printed template letter. Show interest in the person you are sending to. Don't just say," I'm a huge fan and can I have your autograph?" Your letter needs sincerity and substance. The more interesting your letter is, the better your odds are in receiving an autograph. Do some research on who you are sending to. I remember sending Christmas cards out to football players and received some awesome autographs in return (Dick Butkus, Ted Hendricks, Gale Sayers to name a few)

Patience, Patience, Patience..the quickest autograph i received was 5 days and the longest wait was 2 years. Never ever ever send anything you are not willing to lose. If you do have something of value to send, put insurance on it through the post office.

Addresses:
    There are so many ways to find an address. Use the TTM manager on this site as well as the forums. There are many websites on the web who offer addresses for TTM collectors.
    Last edited by ReedAutos; 09-14-2012 at 12:36 AM.

BANNED

Country

Thanks a lot guys...Where do my cards go in the SASE or the regular envelope?

BANNED

Country

I am sending out a package with 3 JJ Watt cards!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sidelinegifts's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

You need to place your items inside the return envelope, of course. When they tear open to first envelope, the return is all they will have left. Use ready self sealing envelopes but do not seal the return envelope. The reason being many of the older athletes or celebrities may have trouble with the use of their hands so these type of envelopes are easier to open and close for them.

Check out my thread to see some of my returns!

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...g-Cards-Thread
    Last edited by ReedAutos; 09-14-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast