Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for thoughts on the 2011 qb class, going into week 2.

As most of you know im a Jags fan and Gabbert collector. But also a fan of the qb class of 2011. Wondering what everyones rank of the starters was after week 1. Heres mine
    5.Dalton
    4.Newton
    3.Locker
    2.Gabbert
    1.Ponder
    72 different pack pulled 2013 rookies and counting as of feb.20th
    Hidden Content

How do you not have Newton at the top of that list? It should look like this:

1. Cam Newton
    2. Stop list

One game does not make a career. Newton is the cream of the crop of that class. Everyone else is going to be serviceable QB's at best.
    Last edited by Briscogun; 09-11-2012 at 11:22 PM.

I would put newton first then the other 4 together with Dalton having the slight edge based off last year.

newton and Dalton showed they could play last year.

this year I saw improvement out of the other 3. I think gabbert improved the most. Ponder played his first game without a turnover, even though he threw no tds either he didn't make any big mistakes which would have cost them the game if he did. Locker looked good. I say that because his whole team sucked and somehow he managed to put 13 points on the board against a really good team.

overall I see progress in the bottom 3 which is encouraging. It shows they have promise of all being good starting qbs.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

come on Newton 5th?

Gabbert 3?

And worse Ponder 1?? I think he will be the worst of those 5
    Hidden Content
    Buying: High end Sam Bradford, NEED PEYTON MANNING CONTENDERS, Whatever catches my eye from premium brands
    Buying: Derek Jeter, Babe Ruth AUTOS

I understand giving Ponder the slight edge because he won but it wasnt him who won. I thing Dalton had a great game against a superior defense but in my opinion Locker had a stellar game even without a run game. So my list would be

1.Locker
    2.Newton
    3.Gabbert
    4.Ponder
    5.Dalton

However I think all five QBs fared relatively well. Its hard to accurately rank them. Gabbert threw 2 td's and no ints but lost and ponder threw no td's or ints and won. Ponder had the best completion pct and Gabbert had the worst of the five. So out of performance thats my list. It may not be what everyone else thinks but its just my thoughts.
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

Based this on this week only, its the first time these guys have taken the field with a real offseason program.

As for Brisco, where did you get your in-depth football know-it-all? How are you not a scout?????
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Briscogun View Post
    How do you not have Newton at the top of that list? It should look like this:

1. Cam Newton
    2. Stop list

One game does not make a career. Newton is the cream of the crop of that class. Everyone else is going to be serviceable QB's at best.
    Looks like a good time to bump this.
    Hidden Content

Yeah, things certainly change after a few weeks.

I would say:

1. Dalton
    2. Ponder
    3. Gabbert
    4. Newton
    5. Locker

I only put Locker below Newton because he hasn't played much so he doesn't have a lot of numbers yet, but even at that his completion percentage and TD-INT ratio are better than Newton, so the argument could be made that Newton should be #5.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Ponder....... Is really frustrating these days..
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyfield View Post
    Ponder....... Is really frustrating these days..
    I really like Ponder, seems to be struggling with improvising right now.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast