Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

On a side note, what the hell do they teach kids in school anymore? Seriously.

As the husband of a 7th grade teacher, I can tell you not very much, as kids are so out of control it's more like babysitting and trying to fix poor parenting. Kids actually talk out loud and get up and walk around during instruction... How did THAT happen??? Wow.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are lots of fantastic, determined public school teachers, but education is a process that starts from birth, at home, through every grade, and beyond. And the core of that is the family. The mothers and fathers. And the parents, as stated above, are not doing their jobs. What's more is that, without question, public schools as a whole have failed. The question is why we haven't taken our kids out and began the process to private ownership of schools. Do not take offense in that, it's just a fact that if the public sector takes over anything, it will become dysfunctional.
    Of course, imperfect, private schools tend to do better. Homeschooling also. Micromanagement (privatization) is always better long term. You see the out of control kids. You see USA dropping to around 30th in testing and proficiency. It's all there.

As for cursive, private schools and homeschools often choose to teach penmanship. I went to public and private. Pub didn't teach but a couple of workbook pages in one grade year (pub friends confirm) then I transferred to private and grades complete two penmanship workbooks a year until 7th grade. And 2/13 of the private school's grads CHOOSE to write in cursive-- and all can if prompted. The public grads? Nobody knew anyone who did.

Autographs don't have to die out... don't think they will-- it's the fake autos and junk out there that will get autos reg'd by the gov't MLB, MLBPA, or NCAA...etc. As for the extinction of cursive and brains..... ;-)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I could go on and on about public schools, did you ever see "Waiting for "Superman""? That's an eye opener. Anyway as far as autographs go they will always remain. Either the "fake" industry will tear it down or if the day comes that you no longer need a written signature on a check, contract, loan agreement etc.. etc... But I think we are a long way from the day of the electronic signature at least for most signed agreements.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tony.sr57's Items on eBay

Well then dedhorse ill learn a sun dial
    give me your checkbook so i can get some money only joking
    i print really good

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

As the husband of a 7th grade teacher, I can tell you not very much, as kids are so out of control it's more like babysitting and trying to fix poor parenting. Kids actually talk out loud and get up and walk around during instruction... How did THAT happen??? Wow.

I have thought about becoming a teacher. I am fully qualified for it but the thing that keeps me from actually being a teacher is the kids. I would break cell phones if they were used in my class. I would toss kids out if they spoke up. Kids have too much power these days. I would be fired on my first day.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123