Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

AUTOGRAPHS are they a passing phase?

This might sound horrible to guys like me who have litterally thounds upon thousands of autographs, but their days as a collectible will be coming to an end and soon! I was shocked at my daughters open house for school. A teacher actually explained to me that it was rare to have students like my daughters who read cursive? WHAT! They no longer teach cursive in school! That means that the next generation will be unable to sign in an original manner, but only print! They also will not be able to truely try to read the scribbles of legends that came before them! Yes even the easiest to read players like Pete Rose will look like scribbles only to them! The market for autographs will shrink and new players will seriously not be signing them! Am I over reacting? Please tell me I am wrong, but make a case to support that!
    RIP = AUTO hobby!

BANNED

Country

Hopefully it doesn't die because of eGraphs

SCF Rewards
    Country

eGraphs are honestly the dumbest thing I've heard of. Whats the point?

SCF Rewards
    Country

good news Rajon Rondo can be a school teacher when he retires from the NBA

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tony.sr57's Items on eBay

indyreds i hope that you are wrong I also have thousands of autos some you have helped me out with
    your daughters teacher is right cursave wrighting is a thing of the past an to look at how todays stars sign
    my 7 year old signs better lol hope we are both wrong

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

indyreds i hope that you are wrong I also have thousands of autos some you have helped me out with
    your daughters teacher is right cursave wrighting is a thing of the past an to look at how todays stars sign
    my 7 year old signs better lol hope we are both wrong

Glad to hear that I have been a little help. I posted that up and still enjoyed getting my mail all week. The excitement is still there for some of us, but I doubt I will be happy with getting printed intials on cards in 5-10 years from the young players.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fortunately, the cursive alphabet isn't significantly different than that of printed letters...plus, everybody wants to have a cool/unique signature, most of which aren't legible anyway. I don't consider a lot of signatures to be cursive, but scribbles or signatures. If you look at a lot of current/recent players, you don't see a whole lot of legible signatures, but people still tend to know who they are...doesn't bother me any.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hello_kitty_2005's Items on eBay

Do I need to learn how to tell time on a sun dial? If not, then why should my kid need to learn cursive? Just food for thought.

SCF Rewards
    Country

eGraphs are honestly the dumbest thing I've heard of. Whats the point?

100% agree. It defeats the whole purpose of getting an autograph.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

I'm not even sure what an eGraph is? Is that like when the athlete or famous person type their name online?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast