Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Nice PC bud keep up the great work

2. Wata Photo
    Joey Votto Pickups.

Ruby Parallel 1/1, 2012 Triple Threads.

Sapphire Parallel 3/3, 2012 Triple Threads.

Onyx Parallel 35/50, 2012 Triple Threads.

Sapphire Parallel 24/25, 2012 Triple Threads.

That "Cincy Kings" card is tough to get a decent picture of.
    Last edited by Livin_OK; 11-10-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added better images
    Joey Votto can run faster, jump higher, dive deeper, stay under longer, come up dryer and whip his weight in wildcats while gettin' kicked every fifteen minutes by a Zebra.

Hidden Content / Hidden Content

I'm working on the gaps in my PC from previous years, so mostly parallels.
    The one I'm most excited about is the matching mini for what's probably my absolute favorite card in my whole PC...

2011 Allen & Ginter Rip Card 6/10
    Yup, that's a handsome, handsome card.

Here's my new mini...

2011 Allen & Ginter (Rip Card) Mini #400

K, I'll save you the commentary and just show the rest.

2009 SP Authentic Titanium Parallel 18/19

2011 Tier 1 Triple Relic 04/25

2011 Playoff Prime cuts 17/25

2011 Playoff Prime cuts 17/25

2012 Panini Signature Series, Platinum Proof 2/5

2012 Five star Jumbo Jersey Gold Parallel 20/25

2012 Five star Jumbo Jersey Gold Parallel 7/25

And aside from Topps putting the wrong jersey swatch in their most expensive product, I think this last is a pretty nice card!
    Joey Votto can run faster, jump higher, dive deeper, stay under longer, come up dryer and whip his weight in wildcats while gettin' kicked every fifteen minutes by a Zebra.

Nice pickups man... Very sweet PC u have of a great player.. Keep up the good work

Thanks man!
    I've decided it's just as satisfying to find all the parallels for a good set as it is to pick up a single big hit for my PC. As much as I like hits and patch cards, finding missing parallels that aren't necessarily rare, but just haven't shown up FS online in 12 months is just as exciting.

Older sets are better, cause they're not expensive so much as they are hard to find. It doesn't take a small fortune, it just takes patient, obsessive searching online and a little luck. Picking up every parallel within a week of a new product's release is very unsatisfying. I did that with this years 2012 Gypsy Queen and I still can't bring myself to fully appreciate that set. However, 2011 Gypsy Queen, which I got a late start on and still only have 7 cards for, is a much bigger thrill to work with. I want Votto's sepia mini /99 and stamp card /10 so bad! Ha. I think there's a leather mini /10 too.

But as much as I enjoy seeing my pickups listed here, if y'all ever decide my PC would be better off hidden in a blog or somewhere out of everyone's way just mention it and I'll find a better place to list and discuss my pickups. Ha
    Until then I appreciate your comments and am glad others enjoy my PC.
    Thanks again man.

Why do you say Topps put the wrong jersey in? Just curious...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content
    Current Project: 2013 Golden Age Minis Master Set: 683/750 cards (91.1%)

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware & Justin Cobbs Super Collector

That one looks black in person.
    I only saw one other Votto Five Star GU card with a black swatch, and the rest were red or gray.

But there is a Reds jersey with that black stripe under the arm (the one that has Reds spelled across the front), so I guess it could have come from there.
    It actually does look sort of net-like in the card.
    And come to think of it, I do think the patches put in Joey Votto's 2012 Triple Threads cards were from that Reds jersey with the black stripe under the arm.
    So it could be a black swatch from a Reds jersey.

I guess I didn't give it much thought until now and assumed it came from a different team's jersey since most Reds jerseys are red, gray or white.

Do you think it's part of a Reds jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by Livin_OK View Post
    Thanks man!
    I've decided it's just as satisfying to find all the parallels for a good set as it is to pick up a single big hit for my PC. As much as I like hits and patch cards, finding missing parallels that aren't necessarily rare, but just haven't shown up FS online in 12 months is just as exciting.

Older sets are better, cause they're not expensive so much as they are hard to find. It doesn't take a small fortune, it just takes patient, obsessive searching online and a little luck. Picking up every parallel within a week of a new product's release is very unsatisfying. I did that with this years 2012 Gypsy Queen and I still can't bring myself to fully appreciate that set. However, 2011 Gypsy Queen, which I got a late start on and still only have 7 cards for, is a much bigger thrill to work with. I want Votto's sepia mini /99 and stamp card /10 so bad! Ha. I think there's a leather mini /10 too.

But as much as I enjoy seeing my pickups listed here, if y'all ever decide my PC would be better off hidden in a blog or somewhere out of everyone's way just mention it and I'll find a better place to list and discuss my pickups. Ha
    Until then I appreciate your comments and am glad others enjoy my PC.
    Thanks again man.
    No way man I really enjoy seeing all the Votto cards... He's a great player and those are some super nice cards... Keep it up, that's what the show and tell is for...

Keep it up, that's what the show and tell is for...
    Hey thanks, dude. I appreciate the comments.

I'm really becoming partial to these more typical, yet short printed parallels lately.

2008 Topps Black Parallel, S# 19/57

Now if I can just find the '08 Topps Chrome red refractor.
    Also this black parallel is numbered to his jersey, which is sort of neat, except I'm fairly certain he's wearing number 60 in that picture. haha

...as seen here

this next card is Way Nicer than I expected it to be...

2009 Upper Deck - A Piece of History GU/ Auto, S# 21/25

2007 Bowman Sterling Black Refractor Auto 20/25.

2011 Topps 60 Dual Relic /50

by the way is anyone else just disgusted with the new Photobucket. I really, really don't like it.

I think I'm done posting for a while. I finally reached 500+ different Votto cards so I'm happy to hit that milestone.
    As always I appreciate everyone checking the thread.
    But hey I get bored of my own cards. So let's see some others' player collections pop up for display, ehe?
    Last edited by Livin_OK; 12-10-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: card came in; updated pic

Well, as for getting bored, you just keep on posting. Love the thread.

The new photobucket... SUCKS. Hard. I switched back to the old until I am forced to use the new. I just like the ability to organize my cards easier, move things around, etc. Definitely over the new one.

I definitely think it's part of a Reds jersey, but would I put it past any company now to screw the pooch on cards like that, no. But yeah, they definitely use every part of the jersey, so you have a sort of SP now! Cool.

Good luck with the collection. I have a few PCs of baseball guys, but nothing worthy of its own thread, like this one.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content
    Current Project: 2013 Golden Age Minis Master Set: 683/750 cards (91.1%)

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware & Justin Cobbs Super Collector

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast