Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Debt collectors cashing in on student loans

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Oh... Im Sorry... were you forced to go to school? I hope these people keep going and collect every dime ever borrowed to go to school. People like these occupy student loan people disgust me. Go get a job like everyone else and pay back the loans... No ne forced you to get a degree in Art.... You chose that and now you can join the people of Wal Mart and pay back the 30 grand you borrowed for nothing....

“I keep changing my phone number,” said Amanda Cordeiro, 29, from Clermont, Fla., who dropped out of college in 2010 and has fielded as many as seven calls a day from debt collectors trying to recover her $55,000 in overdue loans. “In a year, this is probably my fourth phone number.”

Why do people like this not get it that a company (backed by the American people) have loaned you 55K and wants paid back?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Typical response tutall, I would expect nothing less, I really do hope your children get into this situation when and if it happens to them......poetic justice is the greatest thing in the world.

BTW.....I hope you realize the heart of the problem isn't that they are borrowing money and they don't want to pay back.

While I do NOT condone reckless spending and reckless borrowing, many people in debt do not fall in that category, the system has failed them, the terrible economy has increased competition for good paying jobs forcing many OVER-Qualified college educated people to take jobs which do not pay enough to cover their loans and living expenses.

Of course you and others like you don't care about this, you only like to blame the person and not the outside forces working against them.

Now I guess I have to await "dru" and his disdain of poor people, OWS, and anyone else who isn't privileged enough to have a lot of money.

SCF Rewards
    Country

give me a break.... First off never bring my kids into this... Second there are plenty of jobs out there... people who cannot find a job need to get themselves off the couch and go find work. You may not get the sweet corner office job but there is not a single person in this country who is above swinging a hammer or flipping burgers... Student loan payments are usually pretty low unless you go to school for a professional position of which I know there are plenty of jobs. Im sick of the outside forces crap... I dont have a dime of student debt... I saved up while working at a summer J.O.B. and paid every cent while I was attending... my wife took out a small loan (8K or so) and her first year out of college was making about 29K a year and paid the whole thing off... Its personal responsibility not the problem of US taxpayers

SCF Rewards
    Country

One more response since you went there...my child will not be in that position because I waited until we could afford a child and will have a nice college tuition fund built for the time he needs it. I live within my means and hate having to pay for the stupidity of those who dont

SCF Rewards
    Country

give me a break.... First off never bring my kids into this...

Oh but it's ok to blame these people who are sons and daughters or other people and criticize them and call them all kinds of names, right?

Second there are plenty of jobs out there... people who cannot find a job need to get themselves off the couch and go find work.

Yes, I know, and unfortunately those jobs do not pay enough for living expenses and to cover their student loans, did you not read what I said, or do you simply believe that people should have to take on 2 and 3 jobs just to pay interest?

Do you think this is what a human being has to reduce himself to?

Having to be a slave in order to satisfy his debt masters?

You may not get the sweet corner office job but there is not a single person in this country who is above swinging a hammer or flipping burgers... Student loan payments are usually pretty low unless you go to school for a professional position of which I know there are plenty of jobs. Im sick of the outside forces crap... I dont have a dime of student debt... I saved up while working at a summer J.O.B. and paid every cent while I was attending... my wife took out a small loan (8K or so) and her first year out of college was making about 29K a year and paid the whole thing off... Its personal responsibility not the problem of US taxpayers

OK, so imagine your wife got sick and couldn't work, or imagine she couldn't get a great paying job, imagine that small loan kept growing and growing, and it wasn't entirely her fault.....how would you feel if people on the outside blamed HER! How would you feel if I called her "lazy" or a "burden" to society or "irresponsible"......this is what you and "dru" do to these people, you DON'T know their situations, you hear them complaining that the forces outside their control have contributed to their problems but you DON'T CARE....you only blame the person and that is NOT fair, you should look at all the factors.

responses in bold.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I have to agree with tutall 100%.

If you have a student loan there's is absolutely no need to change your phone number 4 times because the debt collectors won't leave you alone (the girl quoted originally). You borrow the money you get a job and pay it back, you don't run and change phone numbers when the debt collectors find you. Going to College is a privilege of choice not a right, if you want a degree that was your choice so don't complain when you drop out and have to pay the loan off as you still borrowed it. People get flip a burger these days to pay off the money they borrowed? LOWLIFES!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

One more response since you went there...my child will not be in that position because I waited until we could afford a child and will have a nice college tuition fund built for the time he needs it. I live within my means and hate having to pay for the stupidity of those who dont

OK, so if everyone was lucky enough like you we would have zero problems.

BTW, if a woman gets pregnant and doesn't have the money to take care of that child what should she do?

I'm assuming you're a conservative so you're probably against abortion and I know how you feel about welfare, so in other words shes beyond screwed in YOUR world, am I right?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh but it's ok to blame these people who are sons and daughters or other people and criticize them and call them all kinds of names, right?

a 22 year old with a college degree complaining about having to pay it back is a long shot from a 2 year old....

Yes, I know, and unfortunately those jobs do not pay enough for living expenses and to cover their student loans, did you not read what I said, or do you simply believe that people should have to take on 2 and 3 jobs just to pay interest?

Do you think this is what a human being has to reduce himself to?

Having to be a slave in order to satisfy his debt masters?

If you felt the need to go ito debt over your eyeballs yes... You deserve to do whatever it takes to pay it back. I know plenty of tech graduates and state school graduates who paid their way through college that do fine for themselves now.

OK, so imagine your wife got sick and couldn't work, or imagine she couldn't get a great paying job, imagine that small loan kept growing and growing, and it wasn't entirely her fault.....how would you feel if people on the outside blamed HER! How would you feel if I called her "lazy" or a "burden" to society or "irresponsible"......this is what you and "dru" do to these people, you DON'T know their situations, you hear them complaining that the forces outside their control have contributed to their problems but you DON'T CARE....you only blame the person and that is NOT fair, you should look at all the factors

I dont care about their situations to be honest with you... They signed a paper saying they would pay the money back... If i borrowed money from you and didnt pay it back you would be a little upset, no? If my wife got sick and could not work I am positive her parents would pay it back and trust my... 29K when you are starting a married life together is not good money... We struggled at first paying through school but get to reap the benefits of it now. If you borrow money on a car and dont pay you lose the car... a house you lose the house... They cant take an education away from you so the only option they have is make penalties if you dont pay it back. If these occupiers all had loans forgiven whats to stop everyone from ending student loan payments now....

Now if you want to talk student loan reform I am all for it... Prices of college are ridiculous and as watered down as they are getting graduates these days should not expect a great job as it is more and more a paper that sayd you can pass a few exams.

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK, so if everyone was lucky enough like you we would have zero problems.

BTW, if a woman gets pregnant and doesn't have the money to take care of that child what should she do?

I'm assuming you're a conservative so you're probably against abortion and I know how you feel about welfare, so in other words shes beyond screwed in YOUR world, am I right?

first off.... dont get pregnant... there are ways to avoid that you know... second if you do get pregnant take care of your kid. I am not the most responsible person in the world but I can at least line up child care for my child long enough for me to go to work. My mom was a single working mom and I spent a ton of time at my grandparents home growing up... Certain choices have consequences and its too easy anymore to run away from them. I dont have a problem with welfare as long as it isnt abused... if she needs 6 months of food stamps or a small SS check till she gets back on her feet fine.. But I am not ok with her getting a check the rest of her life and the child getting a check as soon as he/she can talk.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast