Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

What's the most you'll spend on an auto?

Just wondering. What's the most $$$ you'll spend on an auto?

I know a lot of us here go for free TTM & IP. So just wondering what everyone's budget is for either buying an autographed item, or even spending $$$ for a signing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Money is kind of funny right now so I'm not going to break the bank for an auto. I usually get most of my autos for free at promotions the ballplayers do throughout the city and by getting a ticket to the games and getting them to sign there. I also do some ttm as well. But to answer your original question if I did have some extra money I wouldn't mind spending $50-100 for an autographed ball if I thought it was a good deal or $20 for a good deal on an autographed card. Yeah I know I am one of those cheap collectors LOL.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

BANNED

Country

Most I ever spent was $150 to meet Roy Halladay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Most I ever spent was $150 to meet Roy Halladay

for $150 bucks, Mr Halladay better buy dinner, hang for a beer & sign a truck load of stuff.

Depends on he item for me. I've sent $35 to Manning before for a jersey so thats got to be the most ever for me TTM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Most Spent on an Autograph.

I am a baseball coach in Commerce Oklahoma, Home of Mickey Mantle I spent $250 on a baseball signed by Mantle from one of our well know people who live in Commerce. NO COA but I will be sending it in and getting it authenticated at some point even though I know its real.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I spent $250 for a Mario Lemieux IP. I have no problem spending for an IP of a person I really want.

I'm all about getting auto's for free and have plenty of those, but some players are only available at shows for x price.
    Last edited by walker066; 06-30-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't spend more than 25 bucks for something like a Phils Phestival ticket kind of deal to get an auto, or like 15-20 for a certified auto of someone I really wanted at like a flea market.

I just know with enough time/effort/trying I can get pretty much anyone. If I can't get a particular player, IMO that makes collecting more fun- having guys you really want and don't have yet.

Like with Halladay, I needed him for over a year for my SI cover, but I wouldn't have spent 150 like the guy above, because it was fun to have a mission. I finally did get him for free, so it worked out. And if it took me 3-4 years to get him, so be it.

But to each his own, some people just like to go and have a gauranteed shot at the person and pay to get it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

A current player or alive the most Id probably pay is $100. The guy above got a great deal on the Mantle ball, if I had the money I would pay more for players like Mantle, Williams, Dimagio, Maris, etc...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Pheonix Suns
    See thepriest21's Items on eBay

$50 on eBay for me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

John_Havlicek on an certified autographed card with a part of the Boston Gardens floor for $25 is the most I have spent on any single card. I also bought a Willie Mays autographed certified baseball for $25. That is the most I have ever spent on a signed item. I have seen a few items and been tempted, but $12 for George Gervin is the most I have ever paid for a show autograph. You can make a really good collection on the cheap just be patient. I did blow $125 getting an Magic Johnson auto jersey framed, but the jersey and the autograph was free from him.
    Last edited by indyreds; 06-30-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast