Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

See, this is what I'm tired of. I don't mean to harp on you, but whatever happened to Americans sacrificing for each other? Yes, our social security taxes will go up (back to where they were before Obama inexplicably cut them). And you know what? We can adapt! We'll still live! I don't know when low tax rates became inextricably woven to patriotism, but I'm tired of it. We've been living beyond our means for too long. And yes, we need spending cuts too, but if we have to shell out a few bucks for each other, we should be willing to do it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

So tell me again how Romney can guarantee that there will be no tax increases if he is elected?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even an announcement waning about behavior tuns into a political argument.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even an announcement waning about behavior tuns into a political argument.

Lol. Even the forum leader is not immune to it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

See, this is what I'm tired of. I don't mean to harp on you, but whatever happened to Americans sacrificing for each other? Yes, our social security taxes will go up (back to where they were before Obama inexplicably cut them). And you know what? We can adapt! We'll still live! I don't know when low tax rates became inextricably woven to patriotism, but I'm tired of it. We've been living beyond our means for too long. And yes, we need spending cuts too, but if we have to shell out a few bucks for each other, we should be willing to do it.

You're wasting your time saying this to the "I've got mine so you get lost" crowd.

Also known as Republicans...Romney supporters...Ayn Rand...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

i never said romney wouldn't raise taxes i just said obama is raising them. you guys think i am for romney and against obama, when the facts are i am against obama. i for whatever you reason most of you take that must mean i am for romney, this is only in your minds, not mine.

and mr boss man, i pay more than my fair share already, why should i pay more because they cannot balance their budget. how about increasing employment and having more tax payers instead of draining me because i do have a good job, that i worked hard to get and work harder to keep?
    i already pay 28% of my income to support america, now they want 3% more and i should be ok with it?!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

i never said romney wouldn't raise taxes i just said obama is raising them. you guys think i am for romney and against obama, when the facts are i am against obama. i for whatever you reason most of you take that must mean i am for romney, this is only in your minds, not mine.

and mr boss man, i pay more than my fair share already, why should i pay more because they cannot balance their budget. how about increasing employment and having more tax payers instead of draining me because i do have a good job, that i worked hard to get and work harder to keep?
    i already pay 28% of my income to support america, now they want 3% more and i should be ok with it?!!!!

There are two ways to balance a budget, and this is universally true: decrease spending and increase revenue. Sweden went through a terrible recession in the early 1990s due to the bursting of a real estate bubble (sound familiar?). What they essentially did was cut spending by 75% and increase revenue by about 25%. So they did the most unpopular thing politicians can do: cut spending and increase taxes. What happened to them? They've managed to turn things around. But in involves tough decisions and sacrifices!

And also, I would love to know how you plan to increase employment without spending any money. Americans over the past 40 years have been very contend to spend more money imprisoning more people than educating them. If you say that you want more tax payers, then why do we continue to imprison record numbers of non-violent criminals? In most states, it is cheaper to educate a child for a year than it is to keep an adult in prison (usually about 2 to 3 times cheaper). So why not re-allocate some funds to prisons and invest in education. It's been proven time and time again that better education leads to a better workforce. Invest in kids at a young age, educate them, and groom them to get jobs and pay taxes! But that doesn't seem to be the idea behind federal and state governments.

Edit: My short answer is yes, a small tax raise should be embraced by Americans. Most of us complain and complain about how bad the system is, but we don't want to take any individual responsibility to fix it. If you don't want to help the system, then don't complain about how busted it is. Not meaning this to be an attack on you, just a general comment.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are two ways to balance a budget, and this is universally true: decrease spending and increase revenue. Sweden went through a terrible recession in the early 1990s due to the bursting of a real estate bubble (sound familiar?). What they essentially did was cut spending by 75% and increase revenue by about 25%. So they did the most unpopular thing politicians can do: cut spending and increase taxes. What happened to them? They've managed to turn things around. But in involves tough decisions and sacrifices!

And also, I would love to know how you plan to increase employment without spending any money. Americans over the past 40 years have been very contend to spend more money imprisoning more people than educating them. If you say that you want more tax payers, then why do we continue to imprison record numbers of non-violent criminals? In most states, it is cheaper to educate a child for a year than it is to keep an adult in prison (usually about 2 to 3 times cheaper). So why not re-allocate some funds to prisons and invest in education. It's been proven time and time again that better education leads to a better workforce. Invest in kids at a young age, educate them, and groom them to get jobs and pay taxes! But that doesn't seem to be the idea behind federal and state governments.

Edit: My short answer is yes, a small tax raise should be embraced by Americans. Most of us complain and complain about how bad the system is, but we don't want to take any individual responsibility to fix it. If you don't want to help the system, then don't complain about how busted it is. Not meaning this to be an attack on you, just a general comment.

I know that I am going to get in trouble for this but frankly I do not care. The powers that be do not want a society of well educated people capable of critical thinking. It is no accident that more money is spent on inprisoning people instead of education. Open your eyes people the gap between the haves and the have nots is widening at an alarming rate and if Romney manages to steal this election things will only get worse for all of us.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

i agree with the prison system, we should be executing more of them, and have less people to deal with.

how about cuts in government job pay? when someone in the private sector is making far less for doing the same job, you have to wonder why.

and i keep a tight budget with no debt and have worked all my life, so it is not my screw up it is the government for overspending and the people who could be working but are not, i do way more than my fair share but i am expected to take a hit to help others while others do nothing?

jobs could be created to audit and control our entitlements and other programs that waste way too much money.

raising taxes is not the answer, you will only drain the ones who have something left and the ones who don't still will not.

and the housing bubble had to do more with people not knowing how to buy a home than the evil banks. just like the crash in investments had to do more with people being uneducated investors rather than wall street being evil.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i agree with the prison system, we should be executing more of them, and have less people to deal with.

how about cuts in government job pay? when someone in the private sector is making far less for doing the same job, you have to wonder why.

and i keep a tight budget with no debt and have worked all my life, so it is not my screw up it is the government for overspending and the people who could be working but are not, i do way more than my fair share but i am expected to take a hit to help others while others do nothing?

jobs could be created to audit and control our entitlements and other programs that waste way too much money.

raising taxes is not the answer, you will only drain the ones who have something left and the ones who don't still will not.

and the housing bubble had to do more with people not knowing how to buy a home than the evil banks. just like the crash in investments had to do more with people being uneducated investors rather than wall street being evil.

I actually agree with you on some of these points.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast