Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

2012-13 Score Black Ice

I am fully aware that these are rare, but I bought 4 blasters from wal-mart tonight and landed 2 of these, one of Lane Mcdirmit and one of Jussi Rynnas. Is this common? Just a stroke of good luck? how rare are they? NPDTS????

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've never heard of either of those guys, but nice hits nonetheless. They're one per case, IIRC, so certainly not an easy find in a product that gets more love from the kids than the "grown up" collectors. Pretty nice luck, I'd say.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am almost at a standstill on The Andrew Shaw Project so while on lunch today, I decided to look into some non-numbered cards I need and this is one of them. I'm wondering if some of the player collectors can help out with "how" rare these are based on what they've seen over time.

I start by saying that I have never seen a Shaw available. I do admit that there have been times where I wasn't as "into" searching and it's quite possible that I missed one coming to market.

I checked COMC and there are only six of these available with asking prices ranging from $8.75 to $39.70. There are four others on eBay with asking prices of $4.46 to $19.99. In the "sold" history, I found two cards that sold for $2.97 and $4.46. Finally on Sportlots, I found five available. The asking prices were $1 (I have already purchased this one), $9.99 and three at $10.

Obviously they are tough to come by and based on two sales, don't sell for much, especially considering their apparent scarcity.

What other info does anyone have on what they've seen available, cards sell for, etc?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

This reminds me about the 14-15 MVP Golds /100 thread we had a while back. Just like those, these Black Ice's are tough to find (probably more scarce, too!). If you go back for more and hit the Jhonas Enroth Score Black Ice... I'd gladly take it off your hands :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I recall the black ice falling 2-3 per case (memory might be shot or thinking of something else). Not numbered and not knowing the print run of these makes it hard to say. If its anything like the Victory Black's from years past, those were I think limited to 5 or 10 (for comparsion)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

With some of these cards that aren't 1/1, 1/3 etc, I wonder if they will ever surface. We have discussed those MVP gold cards before and like these, they may be a little undervalued, compared to a lot of other cards out there. I need the 15-16 MVP Shaw Gold Script as well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That's kinda where I was thinking too. That would also put them into the range of the OPC Blank Backs, if I am correct.

I also need the 13/14 Score Red Back Andrew Shaw. I looked into these as well and at an overall glance, there are many more of them available. That is total, and not at a player level. I honestly expected to find less of them, being a back variation that many might have missed.

I recall the black ice falling 2-3 per case (memory might be shot or thinking of something else). Not numbered and not knowing the print run of these makes it hard to say. If its anything like the Victory Black's from years past, those were I think limited to 5 or 10 (for comparsion)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

The Score parallels are super, super tricky and extremely tough to find for a player collector.

I need the 13-14 Team Leaders Red (not red back, just red) of Calgary, and a 10-11 Score French Back of Clutterbuck. I've been lucky enough to find the Blacks & Red Backs for everything else.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It makes me wonder about the mindset of a lot of collectors. A lot of these cards are scarce, but that's unannounced, so it seems like a lot of people ignore them. Since it's not a Young Guns, RPA, etc...so many don't care...even when there are hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands more of the others available.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have not seen a single copy of either Sedin twin... 12-13 definitely feels like the toughest year - that was the lockout year and it was especially noticeable that far fewer people were busting the few Panini prodcuts that were released. Hoping there's still a stash of unopened wax out there that gets blown out at clearance prices so these rare parallels finally surface
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast