Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

‘TUF 16’ Recap: Episode 1

Season 16 of “The Ultimate Fighter” begins with 32 welterweights walking toward UFC President Dana White, who stands inside the Octagon at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

More...

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

I honestly do not not know why Dana White picked Nelson and Carwin as coaches since they have nothing to teach their guys besides the stand up, Carwin's success to date has been due to his heavy hands (something you cannot teach) and Nelson has utilized his weight to his advantage (also something you cannot teach to WELTERWEIGHTS). I do enjoy the animosity that takes place between Dana White and Roy Nelson and this could very well be one heck of an interesting season.

Most of the fights were pretty good, some sweet knockouts and there are 2 guys that have some serious ground and submission game, one of them who I was excited to see, yet cannot remember his name (he was Forrest Griffins Jujitsu coach during the Rampage/Griffin TUF) should have been a first round pick, yet both Carwin and Nelson decided to pick the knockout guys first, anyways Nelson finally picked Forrest's ex jujitsu coach in the 3rd or 4th pick, I see that dude making it to the semifinals at the minimum, he might even win the show!

From the previews of the upcoming episodes it seems like there are quite a few jacka%%es, especially the dude with the red Mohawk, he seems unstable, and due to the fact that he will cause a lot of drama, he will probably not get booted out of the show since Dana White love trouble makers on the show since it boosts ratings. I thought the last season was Faber/Cruz was decent since they focused more on the training and fighting rather than reality show drama, hopefully this season stays the same way.