Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garycolemanx

I have a question on where to send to a card graded

If I am going to send a card to BGS, how do I go about doing that. Where do I send it and what do I send it in to make sure it doesnt get scuffed up.
    Thanks guys your the best

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tytamkeira's Items on eBay

Re: I have a question on where to send to a card graded

Originally posted by Garycolemanx
    If I am going to send a card to BGS, how do I go about doing that. Where do I send it and what do I send it in to make sure it doesnt get scuffed up.
    Thanks guys your the best

Heyas. In different Beckett Magazines you can find a form to get cards graded by BGS. You can also goto Beckett.com to get all the information you need about sending the cards and to print out a form. Here is a link to go directly to the Grade section of Beckett. http://www.beckett.com/grading/

Here is what they suggest on how to package a card.

(1) Place each card in a "penny sleeve"
    (2) Slip the sleeved card into an "oversized semi-rigid" card holder (such as Card Saver I or "Ultimate").
    (3) The card holder(s) should then sandwich between two pieces of cardboard
    (4-5) Tape the cardboard securely (you can tape up to 25 cards together this way).
    (6) These packages should then be placed into a box with sufficient packing material to keep them stationary.

I hope that information helps you out and GL on your gradings. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

Garycolemanx
    Thanks man you have been a great help.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tytamkeira's Items on eBay

Originally posted by Garycolemanx
    Thanks man you have been a great help.

NP. Guess you can say I learned the hard way when I had sent in cards. I had sent them in penny sleaves in top loaders in team bags in a bubble envelope. Least to say when I got the cards back the highest grade was a 9. the others were between 7.5 and 8.5. What killed me were the corners. Actually the top left corner of them all. Not sure how all of them got bent the same way but who knows. Welp GL to your grading and hope you do well. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin

SCF Rewards

Gary -- if you're interested in PSA grading, try the following site

http://www.psacard.com/submission_center.chtml

SCF Rewards

Originally posted by mookigremlin
    NP. Guess you can say I learned the hard way when I had sent in cards. I had sent them in penny sleaves in top loaders in team bags in a bubble envelope. Least to say when I got the cards back the highest grade was a 9. the others were between 7.5 and 8.5. What killed me were the corners. Actually the top left corner of them all. Not sure how all of them got bent the same way but who knows. Welp GL to your grading and hope you do well. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin

Your comment is exactly the reason why I haven't yet had one of my cards graded.

I am not about to turn in a Jerry Rice rookie, which to my naked, yet unprofessional eye, looks to be well-centered with sharp corners, and then have the card returned with a PSA/BGS of 7.

Who's the say the folks at PSA/BGS don't keep a card of yours that grades at a 10, and send you one that grades at a 9 or 9.5??

I mean, we're not naive enough to think that switching of cards doesn't happen, are we?

Anything that involves money, also has the potential to involve fraud, corruption and deceit.

Garycolemanx
    oh boy I am real excited to send a card now HA! yeah things like that could defintaly happen, lets juse hope it doesnt.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kingpinlc's Items on eBay

it's a gamble many of us are willing to take... but the best you can do is scan your cards before you send them in... it'll give you some sense of security. It's a good idea either way, worried or not. All of the grading companies list suggestions for shipping and packaging and information on how to submit via their websites... just for future info.

Garycolemanx
    Thanks for the info man every little bit helps.

Garycolemanx
    I recently bought like 20 boxes of different stuff mostly Chrome, SPX, Finest, Bowman, years of T Mac and Kobe Rookies so I am going to want to send whatever I get, to get graded. Hopefully it will go ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast