Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I got the "prophet" characterization from Veggie's post. As for God encouraging the actions of this man, I will say this. It is my understanding that the story comes from the Bible. If the telling of the story is to condemn homosexuality, then surely they would have also condemned the rape of the man's wife too. The silence speaks volumes. What kind of "word of God" excludes addressing rape? The only reasonable explanation is that it condones it by remaining silent on it.

The story is not just condeming homosexuality but other immoral behaviors such as lust, fornincation, coveting, rape and murder.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 09-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, i agree!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

My bishop dosen't speak from his heart he only relays the word of God. But to answer your question he did not go into any details on why God hates homosexuality. He didn't have to. God said that he is against it and that was all that I needed to know.

This is the scariest thing about religion for me. Blindly thinking or believing based on what someone tells you "God" thinks about a topic. I will never comprehend the blind faith aspect to things like this. Do you never question the relay of message even if there was a writing that 100% came from god hundreds or thousands of years ago?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

To my knowledge, the Bible does not give a reason for saying thou shalt not steal. Does that make the charge wrong?

No. But we all know why stealing is wrong. It harms someone else. We all know why murder is wrong too. I would like to know why something is wrong when there is no apparent reason for it being wrong. If the Bible said it was wrong to clap would you not wonder why and expect to be given a reason?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The story is not just condeming homosexuality but other immoral behaviors such as lust, fornincation, coveting, rape and murder.

The story YOU paraphrased had no condemnation of the rape. It was presented as a better option than allowing the man to be raped.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This is the scariest thing about religion for me. Blindly thinking or believing based on what someone tells you "God" thinks about a topic. I will never comprehend the blind faith aspect to things like this. Do you never question the relay of message even if there was a writing that 100% came from god hundreds or thousands of years ago?

Both the Bible and the Qu'ran both state that homosexuality is wrong. My theory is that God feels that it is a waste of time and you could be spending could be spending that time with a woman trying to make a family as well as being a man and leading your household. Again I am not making up the rules I am just reporting them. Yes the Bible was written thousands of years ago but most of what is in it is still applicable today.

SCF Rewards
    Country

veggie, you are not kidding.

I believe the ideas Jesus teaches us are about morals, and if everyone had these morals we would be much better off. the stealing and killing are the easy ones, but look around you, people are coveting like never before and it a making a bigger mess than ever before.

SCF Rewards
    Country

habs, yes, but they have the right to. it is just my view and i know it is not for everyone. I just don't see the need for it if you aren't having kids, but i also don't see the need for a sports car or strip clubs, but each to their own.

marriage, in the eyes of the state, has nothing to do with procreation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i never said it did. it seems quite often that when people read my posts they are so upset by the beginning they don't read the rest.
    as i stated it was my view. my view is what is right by me, not the law and not for others, just mine.

SCF Rewards
    Country

To my knowledge, the Bible does not give a reason for saying thou shalt not steal. Does that make the charge wrong?

the bible isn't what makes it illegal to steal. It's illegal to steal because it violate another person or entity by the theft. It is illegal in christianity's eyes but that is not why it's illegal in the eyes of the state.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast