Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hezbollah leader calls for international law against insulting Islam

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-punished.html

In a move that could escalate tensions around the Arab world, the leader of the Hezbollah militant group called for protests against the movie and said the U.S. must be held accountable for the film.

In a televised speech, Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah pushed for the creation of an international law that would ban insults of Islam and other religions, citing similar laws that exist to prevent anti-Semitism.

His outrage stems from the anti-Islam film produced by a mysterious convict based in California, that has since sparked protests outside American embassies in the Middle East and across the globe.

'Those who should be held accountable, punished, prosecuted and boycotted are those directly responsible for this film and those who stand behind them and those who support and protect them, primarily the United States of America,' Mr Nasrallah said.

He called for protests on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, urging protesters to call on their leaders to express their anger too.

'We should not only express our anger at an American embassy here or there. We should tell our rulers in the Arab and Muslim world that it is "your responsibility in the first place" and since you officially represent the governments and states of the Muslim world you should impose on the United States, Europe and the whole world that our prophet, our Quran and our holy places and honor of our Prophet be respected,' he said.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whats wrong with umans being humans I ask lol? International law against what? Who exactly would be enforcing this law? Ohh wait our president is Muslim so I guess I see his point.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So a similar law about Jews exists and no one has a problem with that, but suddenly this is over the line?

Makes no sense.

Whats wrong with umans being humans I ask lol? International law against what? Who exactly would be enforcing this law? Ohh wait our president is Muslim so I guess I see his point.

Actually, your President isn't a Muslim, so I fail to see YOUR point.

It's sad that some people vote.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I think we need an international law against insulting my intelligence. I will volunteer to be judge, jury and executioner.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, really, I never knew?

I knew the one moving with mel gibson, but that was some christians who were mad, no deaths that i know of. what is the law with jewish based movies?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

directly from the quote in the OP:
    In a televised speech, Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah pushed for the creation of an international law that would ban insults of Islam and other religions, citing similar laws that exist to prevent anti-Semitism.

Not sure how you missed that...wait, actually, I think I am.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

i seen that, but what are the laws and who enforces them? dang, do I have to google everything for myself!!!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

i seen that, but what are the laws and who enforces them? dang, do I have to google everything for myself!!!

I was going strictly on this article. It says there are similar laws regarding Jews, but people (indexed) are mad that Islam wants the same thing.

If anything, t(he)y should be mad at the laws regarding anti-Semitism, but t(he)y aren't, just at the Muslims. Funny, that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

i would be interested to see what laws he is referring to regarding anti-Semitism. People make fun of Jewish people in media all the time. I have never heard they were breaking some law.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I've heard of the anti-semetic laws before although I do not remember which countries have them on the books. Most center around the holocaust deniers literature. Not so much cartoons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast