Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why is it

All the atheists and agnostics want to believe the founding fathers were very smart men to produce the greatest nation in history. Then go so far as to cherry pick quotes and opinons to make the point that the US is not a Christian nation. You respect the founding father's intelligence and if the left wingers are like me, freely admit 99% of the founding fathers were smarter than me or you. With that preface you completely ignore they were all Christian (please don't start with the Jefferson stuff) . In other words, you believe and give them credit they were very smart to start his country, but they are imbeciles when they believe in God.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Christian "Founding Fathers" does not a "Christian Nation" make.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Christian "Founding Fathers" does not a "Christian Nation" make.

My point, probably not made well, was that the founding fathers are given credit about starting this country and we all believe they were showed great intelligence to do it. Then when it is pointed out they were Christian, athiests and agnositcs don't trust the foundiing father's iintelligence. How could there be such intelligence about founding the country and such ignorance about religion?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

My point, probably not made well, was that the founding fathers are given credit about starting this country and we all believe they were showed great intelligence to do it. Then when it is pointed out they were Christian, athiests and agnositcs don't trust the foundiing father's iintelligence. How could there be such intelligence about founding the country and such ignorance about religion?

So you're saying that, logically speaking, atheists who think the founding fathers are smart should believe in God because they did? Just clarifying.
    If so I would have to say that's a really bad reason to alter a belief or disbelief. If you found out most of them truly believed in horoscopes would you suddenly believe it too?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

One's level of intelligence has nothing to do with whether or not someone believes in a diety. All those intelligent men were little, impressionable boys when they were introduced to the concept of a god. It's kinda like the ability of an elephant trainer to tie up his elephant with a stake in the ground. He can do it because when he first used the technique he did so on the elephant when it was an infant and did not have the strength to break free. Now that the elephant is full grown it still believes it cannot break away.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just find it strange that many of the smartest men in history had a Christian belief and we give them credit fir being smart but atheists and agnostics do not give them any credit about their religion. I have deferred to people smarter than me on many issues. I don't say it is right or wrong, just peculiar that their religious beliefs are ignored. In all honesty you fit the mold perfectly. Rather than answer the question, you try to defer with another totally unrelated question. I understand that is the way of left wingers ,do not answer, but deflect.
    Last edited by ALADOG; 09-22-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: grammar

SCF Rewards
    Country

BUt they grew up to become some of the smartest men in history. If religon is such a farce, they should have been able to see through it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

BUt they grew up to become some of the smartest men in history. If religion is such a farce, they should have been able to see through it.

And many of the EVEN SMARTER men in history do not believe in religion. Just like today, I am sure back then in order to be a successful politician you HAD to believe in God. If you did not, you would never get elected. Even the smartest mind can trick itself into believing something for no apparent reason. Most of these smart men who use extraordinary logic in all other pursuits of life, throw logic out the window when it comes to religious beliefs. Why, because they have to.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I just find it strange that many of the smartest men in history had a Christian belief and we give them credit fir being smart but atheists and agnostics do not give them any credit about their religion. I have deferred to people smarter than me on many issues. I don't say it is right or wrong, just peculiar that their religious beliefs are ignored. In all honesty you fit the mold perfectly. Rather than answer the question, you try to defer with another totally unrelated question. I understand that is the way of left wingers ,do not answer, but deflect.

Some of the stupidest men in history were Christian too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

no one should have a reason to answer the question because there is no basis in saying that what religion someone believes in or follows coincides with how intelligent they might be. There can be athiests with some of the highest IQ's around, there can be strong Christians who failed and dropped out of high school

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast