Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

I would be glad to trade for some Red Sox cards that you have signedLMK

I just started doing TTM's last week, and while I consider myself more of a baseball card collector than football my first 4 TTM's sent have all been football, I do not have any RedSox sorry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Had to respond to this thread. Steve Smith is in the late stages of ALS. May he be comfortable in his trying times.

Blog Entries
    Country

Had to respond to this thread. Steve Smith is in the late stages of ALS. May he be comfortable in his trying times.

Oh... Didn't know he was in late stages, now I feel like an a;:($$&e for sending him a TTM letter, he has bigger things to be concerned about than reading my fan mail/ signing my card :(

SCF Rewards
    Country

That sucks, could you run to the Post Office and get it back?

Smith married former Raiderette, Chie Aguilar-Hiroto from Cypress, CA in December 1989.[2] The couple have two children, Dante (July 1990) and Jazmin (Sept 1991) and live in Richardson, Texas.[1] Smith has been afflicted with Lou Gehrig's disease since July 2002. He cannot speak because of a ventilator and receives his food through a feeding tube. He communicates via a state of the art computer system donated by MDS, reported his wife. Former teammates, including former Nittany Lions D. J. Dozier and Shane Conlan, have rallied to raise money for Smith's medical bills.[1]

Blog Entries
    Country

Nope that letter us prolly long gone, however he did sign a TTM earlier this year according to the TTM database.

UPDATE: Sent another TTM out today to Sterling Sharpe

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hello_kitty_2005's Items on eBay

FYI: Steve Smith of the Raiders is in bad shape from what I read a while back on SCN....there was a news story on him somewhere from what I recall and in it, it was reported that his family was signing his mail for him so that he would not disappoint fans. I could not locate the story to cite it for which I apologize but I am pretty sure it was him.

Blog Entries
    Country

FYI: Steve Smith of the Raiders is in bad shape from what I read a while back on SCN....there was a news story on him somewhere from what I recall and in it, it was reported that his family was signing his mail for him so that he would not disappoint fans. I could not locate the story to cite it for which I apologize but I am pretty sure it was him.

Yeah someone 3 posts up already mentioned that, and I already mentioned that I feel like an a##>}e for sending him a TTM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have a 1990 Aikman!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I do feel bad for Mr. Smith but it makes no sense for his family to forge his autograph in an effort not to disappoint his fans. That would just encourage more fan mail for them to forge. A better idea would be to send a note back thank you for your interest in Steve Smith's autograph. Unfortunately he is no longer able to sign any autos due to his ailing health. We are returning your item unsigned and appreciate your thoughts prayers and best wishes.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

You won't be able to complete the set signed. Too many players who don't sign or have passed. It is still a great set to have and a fun one to work with TTM. You should be able to get quite a few autographs. Here are some names off the top of my head that sign from that set:
    Crawford KErr, Lawrence Taylor (c/o HOF), Danny Noonan, Eugene Lockhart, John Settle, John Williams, Boomer Esiason (for a fee for his charity), Warren Moon, Ernest Givens, Haywood Jeffries, Raul Allegre, JoJo Townsell.

Guys not to bother with: Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Barry Sanders.

Drew Hill and Ron Hall have passed. There are more but I am doing this off the top of my head. Do a little research before you send to guys. A google search will tell you all you need to know.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast