Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Auto'd Jersey Help

SCF Rewards
    Country

Auto'd Jersey Help

So I am looking for an autographed jersey from Chipper Jones, my childhood hero, but I don't understand the subject or market well.

Most CJ jerseys found from a generic Google memorbilia search are going for $350 - $500. Is that an accurate price? What is?
    How do I discern who to trust with this business?
    There are an array of variatios such as "'95 WS MVP" or "'99 NL MVP" scripts and jersey variations. What is the situation here? What are their values now? What is their value forecast?
    What about decor, frames, UV protection?
    Tell me about TTM, email, and IP too. Should I? How to...?
    Going forward, what would you do to get what you want in my case? (Cant do IP right now)

Thanks!

ps. dont know what forum this should be in so I'll try here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This could be a lot easier if some of ya could just link me to the cheapest LEGIT CJ auto'd jersey you can find on eBay (there are plenty) and just tell me why (or why not-- if you want to post a bad example). Please help, I really want a CJ jersey within week. Teach me.This could be a lot easier if some of ya could just link me to the cheapest LEGIT CJ auto'd jersey you can find on eBay (there are plenty) and just tell me why (or why not-- if you want to post a bad example). Please help, I really want a CJ jersey within week. Teach me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a week. Teach him, and he'll forget within that week.

Look for autographs on legitimate jerseys, google how to find them. It ain't work anything on a fake jersey. Use projerseytalk.com to find out how to tell what's real and fake, and they can also help with autographs.

Just don't forget what you learn

SCF Rewards
    Country

i'm not gonna search for cheap jersey links, that's the grunt work you gotta put in. $350-500 is probably pretty accurate for an auto'd jersey of his calibur. and you will probably pay +$100 for a WS or MVP inscription. don't rush, do some home work to make sure you're not wasting your money. go to a local card shop or show, ask around there. depending on how particular you are about displaying it, you can save a lot of money if you frame it yourself. you will pay a lot extra to get it done profesionally, and even more if you order it preframed.
    there are sections of this site about TTM, IP, e-mail, etc. again, you'll have to do a bit of homework, it's how most collectors learn.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you all!! I'm eagerly learning the trade, I promise. Gonna put some real thought and grunt work in now. If I am successful, I'll post pic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like I said before though, make sure it's not a counterfeit jersey- otherwise your just throwing money away!

If your in ATL, he's been signing alot lately, maybe go and try yourself? Buy a Authentic Chipper for $250 from the team store, try to get him to sign it- if he doesn't sign it... return it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will agree many knock offs are now being pawned off on places like ebay etc. But another thing I always try to tell people a LOA for any autograph means nothing. To me it's nothing more than a sheet of paper. Last time I checked no sheet of paper ever made any item signed real or legit etc. Reputable dealers can be found, but remember you will pay for those dealers.