Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Need to rant[ sad state of the nfl]

just got off a 12 hour shift and got to see the last play of the packer/seahawk game. was at work and got a phone call from a friend[ he refs high school and college football plus is a vikings fan] apoligizing for the bad refereeing in the game. you know its bad when another ref and packer hater tells you how bad you got screwed. thought after the first week the refs couldn't get any worse. how wrong can i be. can understand the bad call[ not really] but after looking at replays not understanding why the call is not reversed. only logical explanation is that if the call was reversed the refs may not have made it out of the stadium alive. plus not seeing any sportsmanship from seatlle coach in kicking extra point. take a knee. you already won the game. must have thought he was playing tampa bay. trying to find some positive things and this is my thoughts. pete carroll and golden tate would be great politicans. takes a great talent to lie that well. second thought is to current lockout refs. DON'T GO BACK. PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE DONT GO BACK, STICK THE NFL FOR ALL YOU CAN GET JUST LIKE THEY HAVE STUCK IT TO THE PLAYERS AND TEAMS WHO HAVE HAD THE BAD LUCK OF HAVING THESE SO CALLED OFFICIALS.. finally have to agree with troy aikman[ hard to do for a packer fan] but the NFL IS A JOKE. may do what bubba watson suggests and watch the ryder cup. NO REFS THERE. THANKS SLASH711
    TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD!

I was just listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning and they said the last play couldn't be overturned. The review could only make sure that the ball was 'caught' and not whether or not he was the one that caught the ball. I guess just to make sure the ball didn't touch the ground. They couldn't over turn the call on the field. I have no idea why but it pisses me off.

although, I have to say, as a die hard life long Packer fan that the game should never have come down to that play. Our offense isn't playing well at all and our o-line allowed 8 sacks in the first half!! Rodgers seems to be holding the ball too long and we are completely forgetting about Benson at times. I get Seatttle has a fast pash rush, so why not run a little more to get them guessing??

Bottom line is the Pack have more problems than just the refs, but they sure aren't helping.
    Sports enthusiast. Green Bay Packer and Milwaukee Brewer fan.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing.” - Vince Lombardi
    Fan of Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Clayton Kershaw - Kid K!
    Bucket, everything always for sale/trade Hidden Content

agreed. we got some major problems. not sure why we didn't keep somebody in to help if we kept getting sacked. play calling not up to par this year. better get it fixed in a hurry as saints are a desperate and dangerous team. bottom line is the refs blew the play completely. missed the pass interference on tate and the fact that jennings had the ball and tate was on his back holding on for anything he could get. http://photobucket.com/slash-1

Hey, I'm the biggest Packer fan there is, and I'll be the first to admit we looked terrible in the first half. Why we didn't adjust to a shorter passing game, and start running before halftime, I'll never know.

We made some adjustments in the second half, and played much better. I give full credit to Seattle's defense for playing a great game (especially in the first half). But Seattle's offense did NOTHING. Wilson ended 10-21, and had like 140 yards passing, and had not one, but two interceptions overturned by the refs.

The Packers could have played better. They should have played better. But the bottom line is, against a very good defense, and on the road playing in a stadium that is VERY hostile...we did enough to win. And the refs took that win away.

The Packers benefited from some bad calls. The Seahawks did, too. But that last drive was an embarrassment to the NFL.

The roughing the passer call against Walden. Wilson was running, and he started diving at him for a tackle the instant before he threw the ball. What's he supposed to do? Defy gravity, and stop in mid air? Wilson was out of the pocket. What's a defensive player supposed to do? Not try to tackle the quarterback?

The pass interference call against Shields was a joke. Perfect pass coverage. If anything, Tate held him.

And the final play. Apparently, it's ok to shove a defender to the ground so you have a shot to catch the ball. And if you don't catch the ball, if you drape your arm around the defender that DID catch it, voila, you have "simultaneous possession".

Does that look like simultaneous possession to anybody?

I am mad as a fan of the NFL. This is just wrong. The one arm Tate had on Jennings (not even on the ball) as he was falling to the ground--came off of him--and then went back on him.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

nice pic. never saw it up close. just proves how bad the call was. shields pi was almost as bad and roughing the passer call pretty lame. only good thing is lions lost and we got 2 games with the vikes and one more with duh bears. will be pulling for the cowboys this week.

Great post lambeau. I'd like to add that on Seattle's lone TD scoring drive, there was a 3rd down conversion where Clay Matthews came running like a mad man up the middle and was tackled. This allowed Wilson to run out of the pocket and pick up the first down. Matthews got up with his arms in the air. I'm sorry, but that was a blantant tackle and I am not sure how it was missed. Even the announcers joked about it.
    Sports enthusiast. Green Bay Packer and Milwaukee Brewer fan.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing.” - Vince Lombardi
    Fan of Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Clayton Kershaw - Kid K!
    Bucket, everything always for sale/trade Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Couple of cents for me to add here. First off in all my years of being a sports fan(almost 30) never have a seen such a travesty in any sport as this years NFL Season. I have been through replacement players in baseball, lockouts in all sports and all the like, but NEVER have I witnessed a league run out every game with such a scrub influence.

Another thing I found out was that Goddell hasn't even been negotiating with the officials until today so hopefully that means a resolution is near. Now to the matter at hand. The call was absolutely terrible. I knew right away from watching the play live, that Tate had never gotten his hands on the ball and when he was on the ground WITHOUT the ball, there was no way at all that this play could be a touchdown. Doesn't the receiver of the ball have to have clear posession of the ball? There is no indication that Tate did and how the video review did not see this is beyond me.

I am not even a packers fan in the remotest way, but this is a sad day for the nfl and if the packers end up missing the playoffs or even losing a home game in the playoffs, it should be a black eye for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by 74Razor View Post
    Great post lambeau. I'd like to add that on Seattle's lone TD scoring drive, there was a 3rd down conversion where Clay Matthews came running like a mad man up the middle and was tackled. This allowed Wilson to run out of the pocket and pick up the first down. Matthews got up with his arms in the air. I'm sorry, but that was a blantant tackle and I am not sure how it was missed. Even the announcers joked about it.
    No surprise here, they joked about every call good or bad to the point of me wanting to defend the refs. The announcers are union so that's probably why they hate these refs so much.

And I know there was a lot of bad calls made on the last drive, but don't blame the replacements for the review, that came from upstairs.

Overall the refs calls on the game and all the other games suck. Now, the Packers played awful. Seeing the way the refs are calling the games, you can't rely on just one play to win the game. You need to make sure that you have a nice lead just in case. The NFL needs to bring the regular refs back and stop this nonsense. It is sad to watch the games right now.

Quote Originally Posted by angel0430 View Post
    Overall the refs calls on the game and all the other games suck. Now, the Packers played awful. Seeing the way the refs are calling the games, you can't rely on just one play to win the game. You need to make sure that you have a nice lead just in case. The NFL needs to bring the regular refs back and stop this nonsense. It is sad to watch the games right now.
    Up to the last drive, the reffing was pretty good. It was consistent unlike the union refs. Re watch the game with the audio off so you can't hear the union announcers and you might agree with me. Just mo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast