Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yanksrule335's Items on eBay

Card not listed in Beckett

Just won this card for 10$ its a Ripken card /5 the guy claims its worth 1200$ but come on we all know thats not the case

here is the link
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/150900229616...84.m1439.l2649

its out of 5 so i understand is will be the NPDTS, but upon looking it up in beckett it does not exist in there inventory

it was only 10$ for a low numbered PC card so it was a win for me.
    they only 2 they have of this card is out of /2001 and /100 but no /5

So how do i go about adding this to my inventory when its not on beckett? Is it a real card, or a fake? and input would be cool thanks. Pictures are below.

[/IMG][/IMG]

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes it is a real card. I've seen the version of I think Mariano Rivera recently. Finding a card not listed in Beckett isn't too uncommon though it is rarer for newer cards like this. You can contact Beckett (and most likely the won't add it to the checklist) but I know if you made a thread here:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/forum...front-Feedback

The OPG staff will add the card to the SCF checklist.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks, i made the post.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think I know what it is, actually. I have a bunch of /5 from 2002. One is from Elite football and they are the national Promo cards from the 2002 National Convention. I'm about 95% sure that's what it is. These get added to Beckett late too because they are really scarce.

I think you got a steal on it because I paid about the same for my Rohan Davey /5.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think I know what it is, actually. I have a bunch of /5 from 2002. One is from Elite football and they are the national Promo cards from the 2002 National Convention. I'm about 95% sure that's what it is. These get added to Beckett late too because they are really scarce.

I think you got a steal on it because I paid about the same for my Rohan Davey /5.

They normally have a stamp on them indicating they are those but you might be right since not all cards seem to have that on eBay.

Does the Ripken have a stamp or marketing on it indicating it came from the National?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They normally have a stamp on them indicating they are those but you might be right since not all cards seem to have that on eBay.

Does the Ripken have a stamp or marketing on it indicating it came from the National?

It depends on the card/year. I think I have some that have a stamp, but the 2002 Elite Rohan Davey does not have any distinguishing marks I can remember. I know the Classics version from 2002 was added to Beckett recently because they were found and listed on their marketplace. It had no distinguishing marks either.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It depends on the card/year. I think I have some that have a stamp, but the 2002 Elite Rohan Davey does not have any distinguishing marks I can remember. I know the Classics version from 2002 was added to Beckett recently because they were found and listed on their marketplace. It had no distinguishing marks either.

I'm going to guess you are right. It makes sense and the numbering is too coincidental for it to be something else.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The card did not have any signs of being a promotion, as from what i can see.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

Having scoured the web for promos from the 2002 Chicago National (sounds like a brand of hot dogs!), I have to agree that is what this Ripken is. The 2002 NSCC saw a TON of special promos. Donruss issued 16 for Ichiro alone! I'll try to figure out of the Ripken was a one-shot or if they issued a full set #/5.

-----

I went ahead and added the 'set' as 2002 Donruss Elite All-Star Salutes Chicago National. Currently there is only the Ripken card, but I'm hunting to see if any more exist. There were at least 4 complete set parallels issued by Donruss-Playoff for the convention that year, all #/5.
    Last edited by DaClyde; 09-29-2012 at 10:30 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guess i did pretty good for 10$ seeing how rare of a card this is lol, Im happy

I listed it on my spread sheet as
    2002 Donruss Elite All-Star Salutes Chicago National #4 Cal Ripken /5

This turned out to be a pretty fun hunt, keep me up to date if you find any others out of 5/, im sure this spakred a lot of super collectors interest with this find lol.

Having scoured the web for promos from the 2002 Chicago National (sounds like a brand of hot dogs!), I have to agree that is what this Ripken is. The 2002 NSCC saw a TON of special promos. Donruss issued 16 for Ichiro alone! I'll try to figure out of the Ripken was a one-shot or if they issued a full set #/5.

-----

I went ahead and added the 'set' as 2002 Donruss Elite All-Star Salutes Chicago National. Currently there is only the Ripken card, but I'm hunting to see if any more exist. There were at least 4 complete set parallels issued by Donruss-Playoff for the convention that year, all #/5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast