Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Postage Question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cratch26's Items on eBay

Postage Question

Hey everyone! I am going to start doing some heavy hockey TTM work, and I had a question for anyone familiar with the US to Canada, and then back process. I am going to be sending mainly 8x10's, and I have been told that the trip from the US to Canada needs standard American postage, for which I've been using $1.65 without a problem. For the return trip, I am told that the SASE needs Canadian postage. Thus, my question is, would it be $1.65 Canadian postage back to me, or how does that work? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

SCF Rewards
    Country

No. Just use two .85 cent stamps for the request and SASE. When I sent to Canada for some hockey requested I used the American .85 cent stamp and they are good both ways. You can buy them at your local post office, just ask them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

How many times have you succeeded doing that? Those 85 cent stamps aren't good both ways, the Canadian Postal service is just a little more liberal with pushing stuff through. You should really use Canadian postage. The Canadian postal service isn't making any money processing your letter if you are using a US stamp, therefore the chances of them processing it and not RTS goes down. The under an ounce Canada to US stamp is 1.05. Canadian users may want to correct me, but I add a 1.05 stamp for each subsequent ounce over 1 ounce. Most of my 8x10s are 3.5 ounces because I include a sharpie, so I put 3.15 Canadian return postage on my SASE. I've gotten these stamps through trades with other users, on ebay, and through the Canadian Postal Service websight. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by druce26; 09-27-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I heard that you can purchase international reply coupons for international shipping from your local post office. I'm not sure how much they cost or what you need to send back and forth to canada but you should ask them.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

not all POs have IRCs. most small, local POs dont carry them. you usually have to go to a larger PO (like a county distribution center) to get them. even there, the workers usually dont know what IRCs are

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks all! I'm going to try the $3.15 return Canadian postage. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

How many times have you succeeded doing that? Those 85 cent stamps aren't good both ways, the Canadian Postal service is just a little more liberal with pushing stuff through. You should really use Canadian postage. The Canadian postal service isn't making any money processing your letter if you are using a US stamp, therefore the chances of them processing it and not RTS goes down. The under an ounce Canada to US stamp is 1.05. Canadian users may want to correct me, but I add a 1.05 stamp for each subsequent ounce over 1 ounce. Most of my 8x10s are 3.5 ounces because I include a sharpie, so I put 3.15 Canadian return postage on my SASE. I've gotten these stamps through trades with other users, on ebay, and through the Canadian Postal Service websight. Hope that helps.

I've done it three times. Gotten back all my request three times too. I was told by the Post man at my Post Office that it's good both ways.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Wow, I'm really surprised the postman would say that.I'm not saying I know more about his job than he does, but I've done a little research on this, and I'm 99.9% sure I'm right. Sometimes the cashier at McDonalds screws up your quarter pounder too, you know. The USPS and Canadian Postal Service are two separate entities, and therefore each wants to get their piece of the pie. It's really the same premise as sending something to Sweden and expecting it to come back with return US postage. I guess sometimes they will push it through, but it's really pushing the limits of what you can expect to be returned.

Lg Buffalo, you probably won't need three return stamps. I just do that because I send mine in toploaders with a sharpie, so they are closer to 4 ounces. Also, you'll need a customs form to ship anything over an ounce to Canada, but for whatever reason, you don't need one coming back.
    Last edited by druce26; 09-28-2012 at 03:08 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks again for the help! I send mine with a top loader but no sharpie. I imagine the pen won't subtract much weight so three stamps might be what I need.