Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chrisborene 2012 IP thread

So I hope this years log I write will be entertaining and a good read for those who look at it, and I hope much success is acheived by myself ,and I hope everybody has a good 2012 for collecting.

So this years thread is starting with some new years eve weekend UFC in Vegas autograph signings

On December 29th I went to the MGM grand garden arena where UFC fighters Forrest griffin , Roy Nelson and Dominick Cruz were doing a signing, well with it being UFC weekend I brought an 11x14 picture of a UFC ring, just incase. It's a good thing I did cause when I first arrived at the MGM for autos, who did I see but UFC heavyweight champ junior dos Santos, so he signed my picture and I got a pic with him, next I ran in to alistar overeem, but he had a small crowd by him and when I would have been next his handler said he had to go so that sucked. Next I ran into rich "ace" Franklin and got him to sign my picture and took a picture too. Then I saw Dominick Cruz as well, and since I wasn't sure if we were allowed to take pics inside, I decided to get one outside, could have also got Diego Nunez but passed,

Inside I got Roy Nelson to sign the cover of the fight magazine which he graces the cover, didn't need to get a pic with him since I have a few in the past, next Dominick Cruz signed my 11x14 pic, and lastly Forrest griffin signed my round 5 action figure and I got a pic with him as well.

On December 30th I went to the fashion show mall on las Vegas blvd, for a frank Mir signing @ the gnc store, well I got frank to sign my tapout magazine and my UFC series 0 action figure as well as a pic with too.

And on new years eve I went to the las Vegas fight shop @ the miracle mile shops in planet Hollywood for a Nate diaz signing, after the previous night a lot of people in line thought he may no show due to that and the way him and his brother nick are usually perceived, but 45 mins after the signing was suppose to start he finally showed up, well I don't know if he stayed later than the posted appearance time but I ended up getting him to sign a UFC 141 poster 2 trading cards( offered him a card or two - he took a round 2 base card), also got a picture with him as well.

So those are my results from new years eve weekend

Hope I wasn't too long winded

I next plan on attending the '12 la fit expo a handful of mma stars and athletes are making appearances, and a Kareem adbul jabbar book signing in the next month or so, so till then, good luck with your '12 ip collecting

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got back from the l.a. Fit expo @ the Los Angeles convention center today, this was a great graphing event many great mma stars and even a former l.a. Lakers coach

Here are my results

First I got UFC fighter Anthony nkoujami to sign my 11x14 UFC ring picture and he signed a head rush 3x5 as well, also got a pic with,

Next met former mr Olympia jay cutler , I swear this guy is only like 5'9 but he is probably a solid 280-300 mass of muscle, got a pic with him,

Next met the huntington beach bad boy Tito Ortiz , he signed a UFC action figure, my UFC 121 poster and a promo 8x10, also took a pic with(couldn't take pic with own camera cause punishment athletics was only taking pics with their camera,will get it emailed next week to me) hope the pic looks cool!!!

Next, went to the cie aura table and met former lakers coach Rudy tomjanovich, took a pic with him and got him to sign 3 , 04-05 topps total coach cards

Next met UFC star Brian stann and got him to sign 2 UFC cards and he also signed a 8x10 promo for me and got a pic with as well

Then met UFC star Jason "mayhem" miller and got him to sign a mma worldwide magazine cover, and got a pic with him(his facial expression was hilarious) will try to post pics within the next day or 2

Then met UFC fighter Reuben Duran and got him to sign a 8x10 photo of a pic taken with him last year

Next I met and got to take a picture with former wcw Champ and wwe fighter "diamond" Dallas page he even jokingly called me a monkey for not putting up the diamond symbol hahaha!!

Then met former UFC fighter Bas rutten and got him to sign 2 UFC cards and got a picture with him

Then met UFC fighter demarques Johnson and got him to sign my UFC ring picture and got a pic with him as well ( this pic was also quite hilarious)

And lastly got former and now current UFC fighter mike guymon to sign my UFC 121 poster

This was a great day for autos and pics with fighters and Rudy t.

Next up for me - possibly going to a Lenny Harris (former dodger) to sign my poster @ frank and sons in industry,ca

---chrisborene

BANNED

Country

No Canseco out there this year?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

You're killing it with those MMA in-person successes! I wish I lived on the West Coast so I could get in on more MMA graphing. Congrats though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was checking and keeping a lookout for canseco there Ttm but no luck. And tboculosis, I've had a good start to the year so far, we will see how the rest of the year plays out, baseball in persons usually consumes the middle 1/2 of the yr for me with the dodgers, but this is the best little month I've ever done, so I'm happy.

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

today i graphed the dodgers in san diego at their hotel as well as inside the stadium, and here are my results

players that signed my dodger poster
    jerry harriston jr
    aaron harang
    adam kennedy
    ted lilly
    mark ellis
    (brings poster total autographs to 64)

players that signed my 8x10
    josh lindblom

players and coaches that signed cards for me
    adam kennedy (1)
    josh lindblom (1)
    ken howell (2)
    rick honeycutt (2)
    and don mattingly (2 - including a 1984 topps rookie card) had help with a friend w/mattingly

and my big auto of the day
    matt kemp signed a mcfarlane base from his brand new figurine mcfarlane put out and it looks awesome

next event /game going to (probably back to san diego in may to graph the dodgers once more)

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kevbo617's Items on eBay

Very nice getting Kemp!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It was a madhouse by kemp in the stadium, but I shouted " hey I have your new mcfarlanes figure" and like he signed it 2 signatures after I shouted it! So that was cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country

will be attending 2 dodger games this week, on wednesday will be going to the dodger game down in san diego, graphing inside the stadium for that one, and then on saturday will be attending the dodgers game in l.a., that day it will be the 1st ever dodgers fanfest( lots of autographing opportunities - but dont know who will show or be there yet, but hoping for the best, and maybe , hopefully, new owner magic johnson will be there signing!!!)
    Last edited by chrisborene; 05-15-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Life

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok I am a little late posting my results from this past weeks' games but here is my haul:

Last Wednesday I attended the dodger game in San Diego and graphed outside and inside the stadium and here is what I got

Elian Herrera and javy guerra both signed my dodger poster (total is now 66 signatures)
    And also got Justin sellers to sign my 8x10 (15 sigs on that)

Also davey lopes was hitting bp balls over by the third base line and got one of those as well

Next I attended the 1st annual dodger fanfest( was told 9-10.000 people showed up there over the 6 hr event.

First off I didn't like how booths weren't marked with who was going to sign as it was kind of a wait in line and get whoever showed up

I got two autos on my poster within the first thirty minutes
    From Scott van slake and Matt treanor(total now @ 68 sigs)

And then I got javy guerra to sign a 2011 topps update card
    Then like 2 hrs later I got aj ellis to sign my 8x10(16 sigs now) after that I gave up waiting in insane lines and hot weather( had I known which line Fernando Valenzuela was going to be in ahead of time I would have waited another 2 hrs.

Didn't do my best this week, I've done better on graphing a night game in San Diego all in all I'm happy to add to my poster.

Next event: maybe fathers day game @ dodger stadium or a Sunday game for the rancho cucamonga quakes ( former dodgers sign there a diff one at each game , if my poster doesn't have the person, I'll be there or maybe if lasorda is there again like last year, and if 1st rd 2010 pick Zach lee is there ill hit him up too

---chrisborene

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast