Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sportscards1013 IP Success Thread

Want to start logging my IP success around New England. Recap of this summer so far:

JUNE 27 (Blue Jays @ Red Sox inside) (7)
    BLUE JAYS:
    Brett Cecil 2/2 cards
    RED SOX:
    Bobby Valentine 1/3 cards
    Jerry Royster (coach) 2/2 cards
    Will Middlebrooks 1/1 card
    OTHER:
    Sean Casey 1/1 4x6

July 2 (Tri-City Valley Cats @ Lowell Spinners inside) (11)
    SPINNERS:
    Deven Marrero 1/1 8x10
    Paul Abbott 2/2 cards
    Seth Schwindenhammer 3/3 cards
    Kendrick Perkins 1/1 card
    Tim Roberson 1/1 card
    David Chester 1/1 4x6
    VALLEYCATS:
    Andrew Aplin 1/1 4x6
    Brady Rodgers 1/1 4x6

July 6 (Yankees @ Red Sox pre-game outside) (2)
    Bob Costas 1/1 8x10
    John Smoltz 1/2 cards

July 8 (Yankees @ Red Sox inside) (0)
    Nothing

July 16 (White Sox @ Red Sox inside) (5)
    WHITE SOX:
    Don Cooper 1/1 sig card
    Addison Reed 2/2 cards
    Orlando Hudson 1/2 cards
    OTHER:
    Luis Tiant 1/1 8x10

July 19 (Jason Varitek event @ Georgetown Cupcakes) (1)
    Jason Varitek 1/3 cards

July 19 (White Sox @ Red Sox outside pre-game) (9)
    Pedro Ciriaco 3/3 cards
    Alfredo Aceves 3/3 cards
    Matt Stairs 2/2 cards
    Billy Ripken 1/1 sig card

July 26 (Patriots Training Camp) (6)
    Chandler Jones 1/1 4x6
    Brandon Bolden 1/1 4x6
    Zoltan Mesko 1/1 4x6
    Jamey Richard 1/1 4x6
    Marcus Cannon 1/1 4x6
    Steve Nelson 1/0 8.5x11

SCF Rewards
    Country

July 30 (State College Spikes @ Lowell Spinners inside) (18)

July 30 (State College Spikes @ Lowell Spinners inside) (18)

SPINNERS:
    Deven Marrero 1/1 8x10

SPIKES:
    Luis Heredia 8/8 cards
    Clay Holmes 3/12 cards
    Barrett Barnes 3/3 4x6
    Jared Lakind 2/2 cards
    Austin McClune 1/1 card

Marrero 8x10 looks awesome, pic of him in Sox uni which is great because they just drafted him (24th overall). Heredia was wicked nice as I've seen he always is, signed for me pre-game even though he was pitching and knocked out all 8 cards. Was happy to get Barnes, no cards out of him so I got him on 3 logo 4x6s of the Pirates. I've seen Holmes rack for others on here but I got him inside after the game and he only did 3 out of my 12. Not thrilled about that but overall a great night in which I got everyone I wanted.

SCF Rewards
    Country

August 4 (Minnesota Twins @ Boston Red Sox outside) (7)

Rough day today...some success but all my main targets turned down. Day started off with a handshake from a Red Sox pitcher and ended with a 1-on-1 refusal from a Hall of Famer.

REJECTED BY:
    Josh Beckett (shook hand, wouldn't sign), Jim Rice (called to him, he wouldn't come over), all Red Sox but they were all in the garage and didn't make the walk over, Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau (got out of cab on street and wouldn't sign), and the worst...Bert Blyleven. Had Bert 1-on-1 as I was the only collector left when he arrived. "Mr. Blyleven, could you please sign this for me" "no" "please" "no"...so disappointed with that one.

SUCCESS:

Ryan Doumit 1/2 cards
    Drew Butera 1/1 card
    Samuel Deduno 1/1 card
    Ron Gardenhire 1/1 Twins 4x6
    Jamey Carroll 1/1 Twins 4x6
    coach Jerry White 1/1 Twins 4x6

also it was Red Sox Hall of Fame Day, and I got one from them:

Tommy Harper 1/1 Red Sox 4x6

Happy to get Harper, Gardenhire, Doumit...but so many denials made the day frustrating.

BANNED

Country

is one of the addison reeds on a 2012 topps heritage?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Both Reeds are on 2012 A&G.

SCF Rewards
    Country

August 7 (Texas Rangers @ Boston Red Sox outside) (20)

Did awesome today graphing the Rangers outside of Fenway!

Walking from the train station I saw Daniel Bard walking in downtown Boston, didn't stop him but thought it was weird he was in town considering he is in AAA Pawtucket...

Saw Mike Maddux and Andy Hawkins, both TEX coaches, jogging around Fenway, asked Maddux to sign but he was mid-job and didn't stop.

Red Sox, on their side, signed nothing as usual. Saltalamacchia and Aviles were the only two all day I heard. Got Aviles.

DID NOT GET::
    Yu Darvish, Michael Young, Nelson Cruz, Derek Holland, Ron Washington, Gary Pettis (coach) did not sign for anyone coming in when asked.

Mike Napoli signed for 1 person, and I guess Ian Kinsler signed for a bunch but I was on the other side at the moment.

The Fenway security ™™™™™™ pissed off Hamilton so he refused to sign for us...only disappointment on the day.

Did not see: Dempster, Kirkman, Lewis, Lowe, Ogando, Scheppers, Uehara, Andrus, Gonzalez, Olt,

SUCCESSES:

Roy Oswalt 1/2 cards (signed for everyone)
    Mitch Moreland 2/2 cards (also everyone)
    Geovany Soto 2/2 cards (chased his cab to other side of the park, signed for the small group over there)
    Craig Gentry 1/1 cards (signed for everyone)
    Adrian Beltre 1/2 cards (signed for about 20 of the 50-60 graphers, was pumped to get him)
    Matt Harrison 2/2 cards (signed for everyone)
    Scott Feldman 3/3 cards (signed everything for the 2-3 graphers left 3 hrs before gametime)
    Mike Adams 1/2 cards (1per but got everyone)
    Joe Nathan 1/3 cards, then double dipped 1/2, so 2/3 overall (signed for everyone that chased him to the other side)
    David Murphy 1/2 cards (chased him to the other side)
    Robbie Ross 1/1 Rangers 4x6 (wicked nice guy, hit everyone)

Mike Aviles 2/2 cards (don't do the Sox usually, but he walked down the street while we were getting Soto so I got him...wicked nice)

Bruins players took BP at Fenway today. Heard Tuukka Rask and Shawn Thornton were in the area...at Chipotle down the street but I didn't feel like chasing. Did get 1 Bruin on arrival:

Daniel Paille 1/1 Red Sox 4x6 ("Daniel I know you're a Bruins player but I'm at Fenway, not the Garden, so my Bruins stuff is at home"...got a chuckle out of him, wicked nice guy always)

SCF Rewards
    Country

August 16 (Newark Bears vs. Worcester Tornadoes inside) (4)

August 16 (Newark Bears vs. Worcester Tornadoes inside) (4)

Decided to make the short trek to Worcester because I was bored and hadn't graphed in 10 days...easiest outing of the summer as I was the only grapher doing this Can-Am game.

Did the Bears side, with a few former major leaguers:

Ralph Citarella 1/1 card
    Daryle Ward 1/1 card
    D'Angelo Jimenez 1/1 card
    Quentin Davis 1/1 card

Happy to get 3 former major leaguers, didn't see Jorge Vasquez who played 7 games in the majors.

Also, Ken Oberkfell stepped down as manager last week and assistant coach Tim Raines did not make the trip.

BANNED

Country

Rough day today...some success but all my main targets turned down. Day started off with a handshake from a Red Sox pitcher and ended with a 1-on-1 refusal from a Hall of Famer.

REJECTED BY:
    Josh Beckett (shook hand, wouldn't sign), Jim Rice (called to him, he wouldn't come over), all Red Sox but they were all in the garage and didn't make the walk over, Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau (got out of cab on street and wouldn't sign), and the worst...Bert Blyleven. Had Bert 1-on-1 as I was the only collector left when he arrived. "Mr. Blyleven, could you please sign this for me" "no" "please" "no"...so disappointed with that one.

SUCCESS:

Ryan Doumit 1/2 cards
    Drew Butera 1/1 card
    Samuel Deduno 1/1 card
    Ron Gardenhire 1/1 Twins 4x6
    Jamey Carroll 1/1 Twins 4x6
    coach Jerry White 1/1 Twins 4x6

also it was Red Sox Hall of Fame Day, and I got one from them:

Tommy Harper 1/1 Red Sox 4x6

Happy to get Harper, Gardenhire, Doumit...but so many denials made the day frustrating.

Late to the party, but I live in MN and used to be a Twins fan when I was a kid, but they are such a terrible team when it comes to signing/fan support that I now hate them. Mauer is loved here, gets a good rep from the media but is an a hole. Morneau has gotten better about signing in the last couple of seasons, he used to never sign, but is still mostly miss than hit. As for Blyleven, I'll keep this as uncandid as possible. He is also absolutely loved here and is given a good reputation, but is a complete prick. I honestly hate listening to him announce with his know it all tone/attitude. I haven't seen him pick up a pen and sign since like 2006. Dude is such a prick.

It's too bad that you had a rough time with the Twins, but you're not alone, people rarely get more than 3 players with them and usually get just scrubs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Late to the party, but I live in MN and used to be a Twins fan when I was a kid, but they are such a terrible team when it comes to signing/fan support that I now hate them. Mauer is loved here, gets a good rep from the media but is an a hole. Morneau has gotten better about signing in the last couple of seasons, he used to never sign, but is still mostly miss than hit. As for Blyleven, I'll keep this as uncandid as possible. He is also absolutely loved here and is given a good reputation, but is a complete prick. I honestly hate listening to him announce with his know it all tone/attitude. I haven't seen him pick up a pen and sign since like 2006. Dude is such a prick.

It's too bad that you had a rough time with the Twins, but you're not alone, people rarely get more than 3 players with them and usually get just scrubs.

Yeah I got that vibe from the team. Never saw Willingham, no one did, but Span signed I guess, I just missed him. Was very disappointed with Bert though. Same kind of thing with Jerry Remy in Boston..everyone worships him but he can be a total dick in person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

August 18 (Futures @ Fenway - Hudson Valley vs. Lowell, Buffalo vs. Pawtucket) (53)

August 18 (Futures @ Fenway - Hudson Valley vs. Lowell, Buffalo vs. Pawtucket) (53)

I love this event as I was able to do 4 teams with solid prospects for a ticket price of $10. The players are always milling around, there are autograph sessions with the players for the PawSox and Spinners, and it's usually a very successful day. Other than 1 major disappointment, it was a very successful one. Got to see the Hudson Valley Renegades vs. Lowell Spinners and Buffalo Bisons vs. Pawtucket Red Sox.

Pre-NYPL game on the concourse where the players enter the field:
    Braden Kapteyn (1/1 Spinners set card)
    Kyle Snyder (3/3 cards)

Also got turned down by Lowell's starter Brian Johnson who told me he'd sign after the game. Second pitch of the game he got hit with a liner and broke like every bone on the left side of his face. So that was scary and I did not get him on the day, obviously.

Pre-NYPL game at Renegades dugout:
    Richie Shaffer (Rays 1st round pick) (1/1 8x10)
    Jared Sandberg (2/4 cards)

PawSox then arrived in right field, and got these 2, who I would see later in the day.
    Ryan Kalish (1/1 card)
    Chris Carpenter (1/2 cards)

Then did the PawSox team signing in the Royal Rooters club:
    Reynaldo Rodriguez (1/1 RedSox 4x6)
    Tony Thomas (1/1 RedSox 4x6)
    Alex Hassan (1/1 RedSox 4x6)
    Jon Hee (1/1 RedSox 4x6)
    Josh Fields (1/1 RedSox 4x6)
    JC Linares (1/1 RedSox 4x6)

Pedro Beato (1/1 card)
    Che-Hsuan Lin (1/1 card)
    Andy Laroche (1/1 card)
    Jason Repko (1/1 card)
    Chris Carpenter (1/1 card, so 2/2 on the day)

Ryan Kalish (1/1 8x10) ...I'm on twitter as @tradedeadliner, reporting on baseball news. Ryan follows me and we've talked on there, so I introduced myself to him and told him I was @tradedeadliner. Because I'm 16 he was shocked it was me, and goes "wow dude, how the f*** do you know all that sh**? you're amazing man" so that was pretty cool.

Post-NYPL game on the concourse:
    Justin O'Conner (4/4 cards) ..saw he was usually no dupes but did 3 of the same for me.
    Taylor Guerrieri (8/8 cards) ...very happy to get him, nice as I've seen he always is.
    Matty Johnson (1/1 team set card)
    Deven Marrero (Red Sox 1st round pick) (4/4 cards)

Pre-AAA game near the Buffalo dugout:
    Mike Nickeas (4/4 cards)
    Josh Rodriguez (2/2 cards)
    Fred Lewis (1/4 cards) ..then threw pen down, wasn't happy to be signing his horrible sig
    Lucas May (1/1 cards) ...had 2, dropped 1 as he was signing the first
    CJ Nitkowski (1/1 card) ...told him I loved his twitter, he laughed and said thank you
    Matt Tuiasosopo (2/2 cards)
    Wally Backman (2/3 cards) ...nice guy but 2per

During the game saw former Blue Jays GM JP Ricciardi in the stands:
    JP Ricciardi (1/1 sig card)

Saw Zack Wheeler charting in the stands, went up and asked, got "can't sign while I'm in the stands", so I said ok and waited until the end of the game. Me and 2 other guys tried when he was getting up to meet the team, he wouldn't do it. Very disappointing but kind of expected.

POSTGAME:
    Chris Schwinden (1/1 card)...Wheeler was charting with him and Schwinden signed afterwards while Wheeler snubbed. Great consolation prize.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast