Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow! TTM Success - 1/1 Mask Autograph

Hello everyone,

This is my 6000th post on Sports Card Forum, the greatest trading card site on the web! It's also my birthday, so I thought I'd do a different S&T this time (as opposed to the 'regular' pickups).

As some of you might already be aware of, I also like to create my own homemade customs. I made an autographed subset of the 2011-12 World Championship Masks set I created, and a couple of weeks ago, I sent out a letter to a goaltender in Switzerland: Daniel Manzato.

He plays for HC Lugano of the top Swiss league. It's a great league with lots of amazing players, and the signings of Joe Thornton, Rick Nash, Mark Streit, Tyler Seguin, Yannik Weber, Jason Spezza and John Tavares, the Swiss league might just rival the KHL for the best European league during the lockout.

This is the letter containing the card and money before I sent it.

I sent my letter Sunday, September 16. Yesterday, September 27, after just 11 days, I received a letter from Manzato. I was thrilled!

This is the stamp on the letter. I included 1 Swiss Fr. and thought it would be enough, but it turns out that Manzato actually had to pay Fr. 1,30 for postage. I really appreciate that he still signed the card and sent it to me!

A cool detail is that he signed his name and address on the back of the envelope. I keep the envelopes that contain TTM cards, and this one sure is special.

Here is it - the 2011-12 World Championship Masks Autograph 1/1 card of Daniel Manzato. Wow!

I really appreciate it when players take their time to sign cards for the fans. This card is really unique and looks great in my Mask collection. A big thanks to Daniel for returning my card.

Comments are always appreciated.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See iraq1's Items on eBay

what a great guy and a great sportsman , things like this might not mean much to him being the great guy that he was , but it means allot to a collector such as yourself and me and many others unfortunately they are not all like that , as for the card well done on the design i actually love the card itself and to have a signature on it it makes it look much more pro like , great job my friend and congrats .

SCF Rewards
    Country

what a great guy and a great sportsman , things like this might not mean much to him being the great guy that he was , but it means allot to a collector such as yourself and me and many others unfortunately they are not all like that , as for the card well done on the design i actually love the card itself and to have a signature on it it makes it look much more pro like , great job my friend and congrats .

Thank you very much for your comment. I agree that it was very nice of him to sign the card and return it, also because I included Fr. 1 when he paid Fr. 1.30 to ship it. I respect athletes that take their time to sign cards for the fans, and so do lots of other collectors.

-Ethan

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

It's kinda sad you have hockey players in Europe that will pay out of their own pockets to mail your card back to you, meanwhile in America there are some baseball and football players (whom earns more $$$ compared to hockey players) that requires anywhere from a $5 - $100 donation before they sign an autograph...

Excellent design on your card and what an awesome athlete, it's nice to know there are still some athletes who appreciate their fans, I'm sure he was impressed with the card design as well.

Oh and happy birthday!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

That is awesome! Congrats! I'm pretty sure Daniel Manzato doesn't get too many cards sent to him to sign so he probably appreciated that someone sent him a custom made card to sign.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's kinda sad you have hockey players in Europe that will pay out of their own pockets to mail your card back to you, meanwhile in America there are some baseball and football players (whom earns more $$$ compared to hockey players) that requires anywhere from a $5 - $100 donation before they sign an autograph...

Excellent design on your card and what an awesome athlete, it's nice to know there are still some athletes who appreciate their fans, I'm sure he was impressed with the card design as well.

Oh and happy birthday!

I don't like it when athletes want money in exchange for signing a card. I actually think that in pretty much all of pro sports (at least the most popular ones worldwide), hockey players are probably the best at fan interaction, friendliness and appreciation for the game.

Thank you for the comment.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Awesome. Good to see players still make an effort to make fans happy. And happy birthday as well!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is awesome! Congrats! I'm pretty sure Daniel Manzato doesn't get too many cards sent to him to sign so he probably appreciated that someone sent him a custom made card to sign.

Thank you. I can imagine that he still gets letters from fans regularly, but he probably doesn't get many customs, so I hope he appreciated the gesture. Also, here are a couple of pictures of his "fast" autograph:

Considering this is how he signs when in a hurry, I'm really glad that he took his time to sign it "D. Manzato" instead of a quick squiggle.

Awesome. Good to see players still make an effort to make fans happy. And happy birthday as well!

Definitely. Thanks, Eric. And thank you for the happy birthday wishes.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See o.jonas's Items on eBay

Ethan, happy Birthday...love the card you made and really great story, gratz

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (50) HI
    Country

Very cool success you should post it in the TTM Manager! -- Link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast