Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (50) HI
    Country

Posting new Players in Databse without address.. is this okay? I see it more and more

I am wondering if it is considered INcorrect use to add a new player to the TTM Database but to withhold the information about the Address just in order to "keep track" or "show off" your results. I find this not helpful for anyone except the person showing off, since it dilutes the database with empty names. I understand the utility of the database as a benefit for the TTM community to also enjoy obtaining these signatures that you were fortunate enough to get. All opinions welcome, I am just trying to better understand this community, thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

I haven't stumbled across this yet, but if people are going to withhold information and yet still post in the TTMM and use the info, they can get the heck out of here.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

I agree. If you post a new name or a new success in the TTM database, you need to put an address. If you just want to brag that you got a signature of someone that no one else has, you can make a Success thread or a new post and put it in the autograph section, and then tell everyone who asks that you won't give the address out, or it's "private".
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Let me know the names without address. You can PM me and I'll take care of it.
    Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos

SCF Rewards
    Country

I haven't stumbled across this yet, but if people are going to withhold information and yet still post in the TTMM and use the info, they can get the heck out of here.

Quoted for the truth.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Please do hit one of the TTM Mods should you see a name without an address and we can fix with a deletion!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

I haven't come across any of those yet...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tony.sr57's Items on eBay

I also think if you post a name ,you the poster should be sending out a card
    to see if the address is good,not just to post an address. Just my opinioin

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sort of feel that's the whole point of the success rate feature. Typically I only send to people who are relatively good signers. Occasionally, I'm willing to send to an untested address just to try it out. So I'm thankful for people who post untested addresses they might not be too interested in themselves.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have posted plenty of addresses that I have not tested. These addresses others have posted as good on other sites I frequent or that I find online myself. You might for instance be interested in that player and the post is to help you. Some guys collect hockey for instance and I may have 30 total hockey guys in my collection, but running across a hockey HOF member that is not in the database I will add it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast