Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Something to think about.. Our cards a ticking gold mine?

Well think about it.. Bobby orrs rookie sells for a crazy amount of money and it was printed on low quality cardboard back in ye day and is almost always damaged. Now I'm not tying to say anybody will ever top bobby Orr he was turkey incredible but rookies cards today from ultimate, SPA , the cup.. Etc sell for 100+ genuine players. Orr must of been sol in a pack probably worth 25 c or so.

When current stars like Landeskog, hall, eberle, segueing reach the HOF as they should will there rookies be worth crazy amounts of money due to the hick brass.. The patchs the numberint, auto... Orr was just cardboard a cup RPA could be worth crazy amounts. An ovechkin rookie from the cup can hit what.. 3-5 grand ? Maybe even more? At the end of his career could that be worth 100k plus?

Or will all the cards be the same and not unique in a sense that all rookies are patchs and autos and the value won't be increasingly huge? Because I'd the wide variety of them? Or will it be worth holding on to top rookies and cashing them in for a new car or somethin similar...

How much will these be worth at the end? The cards are always evolving and we havnt been able to see the value on a long run of these cards yet because there fairly new to the industry .

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

˙˙˙˙ ɹǝʍsuɐ ǝldɯıs ɐ ɥʇıʍ uoıʇsǝnb ɹnoʎ ɹǝʍsuɐ ʇsnɾ ll,ı os pɐǝɹ oʇ ʇlnɔıɟɟıp ʎɹǝʌ sı ʇsod ɹnoʎ

.... no

SCF Rewards
    Country

want to buy up 20 of my crosby ygs? you can become rich in 20 years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I will also say no because there are so many auto rookie cards of crosby, ovechkin, Hall ECT that they wont be worth it even if they are in the HOF. There is only 1 bobby orr rookie. I have no clue on print run of it but its no where near how many autoed rookie cards or just rookie cards of todays players. Imagine if there were 15 different products that had a bobby orr rookie back then. There would be a lot more on the market driving down the price big time!

The only way a card is going to increase in todays market is if a guy like hall scores 65 goals every year for the rest of his career then his cup rc /99 may have a nice increase but that will never happen
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I have to say no as well.

The reason Orr and all of the other Hall of Famers rookies are worth so much is because of the time period they were printed in. Back then kids stuck them in bike spokes and flung them against the walls, they weren't putting them in top loaders and keeping them in mint condition for the future. Most of todays rookie cards are being pulled and put straight into top loaders, one touches, screw downs etc and are being kept well preserved. To find an Orr RC in a 10 condition is next to impossible...finding a Crosby, Hall, Eberle, Stamkos, anyone from today in a 10 is very easy. 50 years from now the Orr 10 will still be impossible to find the Crosby 10 there will be hundreds heck maybe thousands floating around.

Cards today are just to mass produced compared to vintage, thats what makes vintage so hard to find and since most of todays rookies are being well kept they won't ever be up there with the likes of an Orr or a Howe RC.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Hall won't make it.

The reason that Orr's Rookie is worth so very much, is that this man changed the way the game was played. No other player, but for the exception of Jacques Plante, wearing a mask, has changed the game.

Orr is the greatest player to have ever played, for a very good reason.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

This has been the thing that's always been in the back of my mind: what will it be worth in the future?

To everyone saying no, that's what my parents/grandparents thought back then. The cards would be used in the spokes of bikes. Not saying ALL rookies will increase in value, but there definitely will be certain ones. For example, go 70 years down the road, how many people, how many of us, will still be in possession of these cards, i.e. Crosby Young Guns, graded or not. A lot of people will put them away, but some could get thrown out, damaged, etc.

As of right now, there are 26 Crosby YGs on ebay. There are a lot more Gretzky rookies on ebay. Sure you can say that more Crosby's have higher grades, but there are less Crosby Young Guns. Not saying ALL cards will sell for more of all players, a lot will drop or stay the same, but any player who is of that calibre will increase. Select Crosbys of the future, if he keeps doing what he is doing, will be similar to the Gretzky's of the past.

My take on what cards will increase in value if the player puts up huge numbers over their career:
    -Young Gun
    -Titanium Rookie
    -Cup/Dominion Rookie
    -Any low-end rookie

That's all, in my opinion, that could increase in value. Why the low ends? Most people will through them out and not care about them, or keep them in tip top shape. Same as the Gretzky rookies. Just my two cents.

SCF Rewards
    Country

which will be worth 1 cent in the future

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

The first post is unreadable. Please use spell check and proper grammar!

If a Crosby Cup RPA /99 is going for around $9,000 now I don't see it jumping to $15,000+ when he is inducted into the HOF. Hockey cards will go up and down based on how a player performs but a lot of rookies sell higher than they probably should based on speculation of them increasing in value as the player produces big numbers in a year or two. That doesn't always happen.

Also need a strong collector base that want the cards. So many people bought the cards with the purpose of reselling them later. A lot also collected Crosby and then the economic crush happened and people had to sell them. Crosby cards are down in value right now. You can get a Gretzky pack certified auto for $100-150 right now and Crosby for $75-125.

Country

which will be worth 1 cent in the future

I laughed.

too bad you only have 1 feedback though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast