Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 Topps Chrome! Yay or Nay?

I just wanted to get everyones opinions on this upcoming product. As a casual collector, it is always one of my favorites to open with the refractors/colored. I continue to read from many posters here, that this years Topps products fail to deliver the big hits in regards to the Top draft picks. So, is the 2012 Chrome going to be worth purchasing? I got in on a pre order for a case, and am now worried that I will not enjoy what I get. Once again, I'm a casual collector, and am not in it for buying/reselling for profit...but would like to know that I've atleast got a chance to hit something cool, like colored refractors or autos of some of the top players. Any opinions are welcome, good or bad...but hoping to get a feel for everyones thoughts.
    Hidden Content
    MY BUCKET- Hidden Content
    Football-Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray
    Basketball- OKC THUNDER
    KEVIN DURANT, RUSSELL WESTBROOK, IBAKA

I always love chrome.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

i hope it's not like platinum where everything is #ed to 1,000,000. Topps has been really bad this year. I usually love chrome but probably will not be getting any. the thought of spending that much money and getting nothing over the years has grown tiresome.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

I am usually excited about Chrome, but the amount of lower end autos they've put into Finest and Platinum doesn't give me high hopes of pulling something halfway decent. I hope I am wrong because Chrome is always a fun product, but at only 1 auto per hobby box, chances of getting a decent ROI aren't great.

Terry
    Wantlist
    Tom Brady, Drew Bledsoe

Bucket: Hidden Content
    PM me if you are interested in a trade!!

Quote Originally Posted by pghin08 View Post
    I always love chrome.
    Agreed. Topps Chrome is one of my favorite sets of all time for all three sports. I love the RC's and Refractors.
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yea I love Chrome, I'd buy a box just to open it and get most rookies, but other than that, I don't expect to buy more than a box. Topps just hasn't shown me much this year to keep me wanting to buy.

Chrome is probably my favorite product, but the increase of money in boxes before its even out has me concerned. I don't know if it's worth $100 a box when the results have been down. I still might buy some, but I might go from a case to half case.
    I collect Red Sox, Bears, Penguins, Celtics, Brian Urlacher, Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux cards. Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (early stages). If you have a large Photobucket, please list what you have from my wants.
    My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

Thanks again, for the info posted so far. I still want to bust this stuff for sure, but was just second guessing my decision on buying the case. But after looking at what the current pre-sell prices are going for...I feel a little bit better.

I got in at $750 for my 12 box case, and now see that they are selling for somewhere in the $1,00-$1,250 range.
    Hidden Content
    MY BUCKET- Hidden Content
    Football-Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray
    Basketball- OKC THUNDER
    KEVIN DURANT, RUSSELL WESTBROOK, IBAKA

I like buying up retail blasters and rack packs of chrome. They seem to be better value than the hobby to me, which is a rarity.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

Quote Originally Posted by BradyToMoss View Post
    i hope it's not like platinum where everything is #ed to 1,000,000. Topps has been really bad this year. I usually love chrome but probably will not be getting any. the thought of spending that much money and getting nothing over the years has grown tiresome.
    I beloved it's been # so high the last few years .. the only thing is that TOPPS do not # their TOPPS Chrome card unless it's refractor and on. So it wouldn't shock me if there are 2500 Nick Toon TOPPS chrome rookie auto out there.
    Hidden Content
    COLLECT :
    TAIWAN JONES, ALEX GREEN football
    JUSTIN O'CONNER, TAYLOR LINDSEY, JURICKSON PROFAR, DILLON MAPLES baseball

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast