Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me?

Is it me?

Or is the New COMC site just plain weird looking. First I noticed the whole added quarter thing. But then when I went looking it states that it is for shipping. Well I checked to see if I could get a card shipped to me at a quarter. But then it becomes $3.25. So I figured they used to send you up to $10 cards for $4 so I added 9 to have shipped and its now $5.25. So 10 would be $5.50. So how is that better? Just starting to get a feeling that comc is starting to go downhill. Which is sad cause I used to buy so much stuff from there.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

Haven't checked it out in a few days. Was getting ready to get a huge order together, too.
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 901/3118 Total: 1143
    Ryan Moats - Different: 173/366

Well they took off the BV price. So it makes it more difficult to see what is really a deal and what isn't. So I wasn't happy with that. Of course all the "Nobody uses BV anymore" parrots have come out. But then again these are the same folks who have their stuff at 3 times Ebay prices too so I guess that was a given.
    Hidden Content
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

bv's are still there.....

example:
    http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards...+Threads+~2396
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content
    Just because I post, doesnt mean I'm home.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

My COMC is literally the exact same as it's always been.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

Quote Originally Posted by Crosby 87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pghin08 View Post
    My COMC is literally the exact same as it's always been.
    That site is going away heres the new one:
    http://www.comc.com/
    Hidden Content

from their comments section

We appreciate you taking the time to write. The Beckett book value was always intended to be a reflection of the market, not what determines it. If you check out our legacy site, checkoutmycards.com, you’ll be hard-pressed to find any card that is selling at Beckett BV. Millions of cards are drastically below and many are above. Beckett is already difficult to use to determine how good of a deal you are getting unless you know what the market is like, what others are selling the card for, and what you’re willing to pay. The Beckett data was never really “free”. We paid for it in licensing fees. Those fees were not passed on to the users because we didn’t carry a large enough selection to impact Beckett’s subscriptions. Now, though, we have fully 25% of their entire documented catalog for sale on our site and they can’t give away that much data and stay in business – their entire business model is built on selling it. We’re therefore giving users the choice to pay Beckett fairly for it or to see if they don’t mind going without it.
    Thanks very much,
    Jeremy
    Hidden Content

See that message right there shows that the Listed Prices were working. With the listed Bv you could tell who was below Bv and who wasn't Which affected sales. With the prices no longer showing how can you tell whats a deal and what isn't? As for the Licensing fee I am sure there is a better way to still pay that fee then just charge a large fee towards every member who wants it.

from their comments section

We appreciate you taking the time to write. The Beckett book value was always intended to be a reflection of the market, not what determines it. If you check out our legacy site, checkoutmycards.com, you’ll be hard-pressed to find any card that is selling at Beckett BV. Millions of cards are drastically below and many are above. Beckett is already difficult to use to determine how good of a deal you are getting unless you know what the market is like, what others are selling the card for, and what you’re willing to pay. The Beckett data was never really “free”. We paid for it in licensing fees. Those fees were not passed on to the users because we didn’t carry a large enough selection to impact Beckett’s subscriptions. Now, though, we have fully 25% of their entire documented catalog for sale on our site and they can’t give away that much data and stay in business – their entire business model is built on selling it. We’re therefore giving users the choice to pay Beckett fairly for it or to see if they don’t mind going without it.
    Thanks very much,
    Jeremy
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgehenryCollec View Post
    See that message right there shows that the Listed Prices were working. With the listed Bv you could tell who was below Bv and who wasn't Which affected sales. With the prices no longer showing how can you tell whats a deal and what isn't?
    several dealers in the comments section expressed this and felt their sales would slide down because of whats a deal and what isn't
    Hidden Content

several dealers in the comments section expressed this and felt their sales would slide down because of whats a deal and what isn't
    You know I can see that happening. Before the Changes I would look for the Best deal. With the Bv's it gave me a starting point. With the new format I no longer know which is the better deal or just a plain rip off. So I will now be more hesitant on all purchases or offers because it will now take me longer to make sure it is a good price or just a "GOOD PRICE" in the sellers eyes
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast