Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What happened to 11/12 Contenders?

I remember a couple months back when buying Titanium and Elite that I was considering buying Contenders instead, when it was around $90. I'm looking to buy a few more boxes, and figured I'd give Contenders a shot again. I looked a couple of times on dacardworld and couldn't find a box of it. I wondered if it sold out. Then I look today and it is listed for just over $60! I couldn't believe my eyes, especially seeing as you can pull some nice auto's and stuff from it. I know Panini has a bad resell value, but how in the hell does a product like that drop almost $40? Is it even worth buying? If I have the chance to pull a Landeskog, RNH, Larsson rookie auto, I just wonder how the price could go so low. Should I look in another direction for a product to buy? Thanks for everyone's input.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

wow thats a hell of a price. I just checked and a case is $854. Hopkins sells for $100. Landeskog sells for $25. everyone else sells for under $20. This could be one of the reasons for the price
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

SPA's also dropped to $90 as well. To put it at this perspective:

Nuge Contenders /800: $100 from a $60 box, so if you pull it $40 "profit"
    Nuge FWA: $140 from a $90 box, so if you pull it $50 "profit"

Landeskog:
    Contenders: $30 (live) -$30
    FWA: ~$43.00 (Redemption) -$47

Hodgson:
    Contenders: $11
    FWA: $14

Couturier:
    Con: $15
    FWA: $18

Henrique:
    FWA: $23

Larsson:
    Con: $5
    FWA: $22-30

Contenders you have 4-5 patches per case and a booklet and a multi auto per case, still some big names there. SPA you have the dual SOTT that are 1 per case or so and a couple patches, both 12 box cases. The prices are low due to the lockout, due to a weak rookie crop, due to the high-ends coming out, etc. Contenders for $60 IMO is an insane deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SPA's also dropped to $90 as well. To put it at this perspective:

Nuge Contenders /800: $100 from a $60 box, so if you pull it $40 "profit"
    Nuge FWA: $140 from a $90 box, so if you pull it $50 "profit"

Landeskog:
    Contenders: $30 (live) -$30
    FWA: ~$43.00 (Redemption) -$47

Hodgson:
    Contenders: $11
    FWA: $14

Couturier:
    FWA: $18

Henrique:
    FWA: $23

Larsson:
    Con: $5
    FWA: $22-30

Contenders you have 4-5 patches per case and a booklet and a multi auto per case, still some big names there. SPA you have the dual SOTT that are 1 per case or so and a couple patches, both 12 box cases. The prices are low due to the lockout, due to a weak rookie crop, due to the high-ends coming out, etc. Contenders for $60 IMO is an insane deal.

Yeah it's crazy. I'm considering getting two boxes of this at this point. It could be a crazy bargain here once this lockout lifts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wellfoundgem's Items on eBay

yah that seems like a deal, so does spa for 90

SCF Rewards
    Country

Keep in mind, D & A sometimes buy back open cases that other places could not sell and blows them out. But they usually state that when you want a case as they always say that they cannot guarantee manufacturers odds when when they sell them. Still get pretty good stuff from them thou. I once got loose packs of Nascar cards and hit a Danica Patrick Fire Suit & Autograph.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

DA buys up the market then dumps the products.. they are particularly good at doing it with Panini products.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

:(
    I bought a box of Contenders yesterday for $130 at the LCS