Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Custom auto's I made!

So I started a University of Texas RC auto card collection a while back. Obviously not all companies make a RC auto of every Horn in their UT uniform so I decided to make some custom autos of lower end players. I found some cheap autos on the Bay and nice RC of UT players in UT uniforms. It was really easy to remove the sticker auto, just used a double sided razor blade and pulled gently. I used a slight amount of gel super glue to attach the sticker to the card. The sticker still had glue on the back so this helped out alot. I am pleased with the results. NO I am not going to ever sell these either, they are PC so dont think I am gonna scam or anything. I plan on making more just need to find more cheap autos and nice RC on the Bay or here. Without further adue here are the pics of my results.

Sloan Thomas 2004 rookie UT alum./ Texans

Before with doner card:

After:

Mike Williams 2001 rookie UT Alum./ Bills

Before with doner card:

After:
    Last edited by 34BoJackson16; 10-15-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Super Collecting Greg Salas, Mike Davis and Rod Streater. Collecting Ricky Williams, Roy Williams WR, Mike Alstott, Jordan Shipley, (GU, patches, & autos only), 1999-2009 Elite UT Longhorns base, S/N and autos, Chicago Bears, and UT Longhorns.
    Hidden Content

I had thought about doing this in the past. I had considered doing them like cut autos, using two of the low end cards to sandwich the auto. Nice.
    Lunchbox

Looking for some Mike Hart Michigan autos. Collecting Michigan Wolverines (FB & BB) (college uni's only)

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by im4uofm View Post
    I had thought about doing this in the past. I had considered doing them like cut autos, using two of the low end cards to sandwich the auto. Nice.
    Thanks I like the way they came out so I will do it some on low end autos soon.
    Super Collecting Greg Salas, Mike Davis and Rod Streater. Collecting Ricky Williams, Roy Williams WR, Mike Alstott, Jordan Shipley, (GU, patches, & autos only), 1999-2009 Elite UT Longhorns base, S/N and autos, Chicago Bears, and UT Longhorns.
    Hidden Content

I love how they came out, and it makes your PC pretty unique!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content
    Current Project: 2013 Golden Age Minis Master Set: 683/750 cards (91.1%)

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware & Justin Cobbs Super Collector

Quote Originally Posted by jrlebert View Post
    I love how they came out, and it makes your PC pretty unique!
    Thanks, next time they will be a bit better I hope.
    Hidden Content

Another one I picked up and I have a few more coming in. I am getting better ideas and finder better cards to do.

Before with doner:

After:
    Hidden Content

If I didn't know any better those Classics would look pack pulled that way.
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Another one, this time Chicago Bears for my Bears PC:

With doner:

After:

Hidden Content

How do you transfer the autos? Do you steam them off? Cut them out? Just curious. I have a couple of guys that I would love to do this to that I can't find autos of in the uni I collect.
    Hidden Content

I collect Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins and UNH Hockey and Football Players (Base/Inserts/GU/AU)
    My Photobucket : Hidden Content
    My PC NFT is exactly that, Not For Trade! It is for show only. So, please don't ask!
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside of the US. Even Canada rates are way too high!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast