Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Show & Share Part 1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Show & Share Part 1

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a trade for my (former) signed uncut sheet of Enshrined.

gary991979 contacted me within a few hours and expressed interest. It seems that he wanted to get it to display on his wall.

I really only wanted it to go to a home where it would be apprecaited and asked him to give me whatever he felt was fair. Boy was that a hard condition. He pressed me until I gave in and sent him a list in order of preference of cards that I liked, but I wouldn't commit to wanting any specific and or amount.

We agreed and voila. A posted trade. I knew that I would be driving near his house in a few weeks and offered to deliver it to his door. No problem!

Wrinkle! His kid's birthday was in less than a week. IF I could get it to him in by that same weekend, he would have time to frame it nicely AND give it to his son for a birthday.

Enter: My brother Driving 8 hours to pick up the uncut sheet from me and bring it home with him (he lives near gary991979) and gary991979 picked it up from him with one day to spare.

Mission accomplished. Birthday Achievement unlocked.

For all our troubles, here is what gary991979 sent me.

#4 Star:

A triple prime jersey version from Prime. Its a prime prime so to speak. Stamkos, St. Louis and Lecavalier. Perfect Trios of superstars.

#3 Star

I'm not normally a fan of rookies BUT, these cards look so good in person, I'm kinda sad that I don't buy many boxes as Prime looks like a great one for collectors.

Winnipeg Jets signed auto letter. Great auto. On fabric. Plus, you can't go wrong with the first ever drafted "born-again" Winnipeg franchise.

#2 Star

Great looking signature from another Canadian Star (dare I say superstar?). Another nameplate. With my second letter, I can now clarify my position, i.e. I can use the letters "I" and "E" to say 'i.e.'.

#1 Star

I thought that this one was pretty good looking. Don't get me wrong. I still hate the pun-tastic titles that Panini has been giving its insert sets, but its low numbered, features a nice piece of skatelace. I know he may not get the hobby love, but you can't go wrong with a 2 time stanley cup winning player who scores at nearly a PPG clip.

Plus, look at that face.

Am I happy with what gary991979 sent me? Absolutely. Am I even happier that we got this all done in time for his kid's birthday party? Props to you gary991979.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Great story.

Looks like a win, win situation.

Congrats to both of you and happy bday little gary991979 ver 2.0
    Last edited by hossa18sens; 10-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (388)
    Country

All I have to say is

THANKS

Tyler was with me when I picked it up and asked what is that?

I told him it was trade bait and right out of his mouth you can get me some nice CUP stuff for that.

Sept. 30 Tyler turned 8 years old we had a fantastic day of bowling and running around.

He was a little upset that he did not get a tin of CUP that he asked for (Mom said NO!) but I thought he would love this.

The best part is and I didn't even have to point it out to Tyler is

His Great Great Uncle is on this sheet

Bill Quackenbush
    (fourth from the left third down)

Thanks Again Matt

Ty.jpg
    Last edited by gary991979; 10-05-2012 at 04:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

All I have to say is

THANKS

Tyler was with me when I picked it up and asked what is that?

I told him it was trade bait and right out of his mouth you can get me some nice CUP stuff for that.

Sept. 30 Tyler turned 8 years old we had a fantastic day of bowling and running around.

He was a little upset that he did not get a tin of CUP that he asked for (Mom said NO!) but I thought he would love this.

The best part is and I didn't even have to point it out to Tyler is

His Great Great Uncle is on this sheet

Bill Quackenbush
    (fourth from the left third down)

Thanks Again Matt

Ty.jpg

Awesome story for both of you, something he'll cherish for a long time. Congrats to both of you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Awesome cards, and great story! Glad to hear that gary991979 jr. had a good birthday and that he has the poster with a cool family connection.