Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Random question about 1995-96 Rookie Cards

Thanks for the look, I hope someone has some insight to this question.

Q - Why aren't 1995-96 Parkhurst International Rookie Cards such as #264 Todd Bertuzzi or #267 Shane Doan listed by Beckett as true Rookie Cards?

Thanks
    -J

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe the reason that none of the cards are considered Rookie cards even thou they were from the same year as there rookie is because that 95-96 Parkhurst International was distributed in Europe & was not offered in North America or else where by Dr. Price. yup the same guy that runs the show at ITG. I think it had to do with a Upper Deck breaching a deal with Dr. Price with naming rights to Parkhurst but I am not 100% sure about that. Usually if a product is not available to North America & or made available to the main stream collector it does not get a rookie designation. Also it does not get a rookie tag if its not a licensed product which I am not sure Parkhurst International was.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

The set is licensed, so it must have to do with the distribution. Thanks for the insight.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

These RC's are considered XRC's by Beckett. I consider them real rookies inspight of what the dolts at Beckett say. They trade and sell as real rookies, that's all I know.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not sure about any deals between Dr. Price and UD (and what impact that had) but I do believe that Parkhurst was a name that he (Dr. Price) had bought, tried to bring back, and at the time was licensing it to Upper Deck.

Anyway, as other have already alluded to, the issue here is distribution. Those cards were made for the European market (though a lot of the product found its way to North American shelves) and much like the 1991-92 Upper Deck Czech World Juniors set... were never considered RCs.