Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

^ the way he puts in anything can be a 1/1 just because of (insert reason here)!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

I think the OP is in the wrong here. The seller does state in his S&H section that payment is due within 5 days. Even if it didn't, you can't assume that combined shipping is available for anything, let alone auctions ending on different days. If you get the cards in the promised condition, this transaction warrants nothing other than a positive feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yappeer80's Items on eBay

this is why you ask all the questions and read descriptions before buying or placing bids.There is a lot of greedy and rude people on ebay trying to make a quick buck . Plus you really only have 5-7 days approx before a seller can file a claim for npb .

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I think the OP is in the wrong here. The seller does state in his S&H section that payment is due within 5 days. Even if it didn't, you can't assume that combined shipping is available for anything, let alone auctions ending on different days. If you get the cards in the promised condition, this transaction warrants nothing other than a positive feedback.

Actually, I could assume shipping was combined since it was combined on my initial two wins. There are very few sellers nowadays who don't combine shipping, even across different days, as it's a death blow to selling additional cards in one transaction if they don't. Furthermore, when I sell, I don't assume that anyone is going to click on my S&H section - I make sure all relevant information is in the main screen - and I definitely don't berate my customers, which is what I truly object to here. The seller seems to be assuming that I'm going to be a NPB; when is the last time you saw a 1000+ FB bidder who didn't pay for the auction? They are probably out there, but I certainly never have had one in my 15 years on eBay.

What made me even more confused is that this is pretty standard practice for me - I'll win something small, look at the seller's other items, send them a message that I am bidding on additional items and check if it's OK. Most sellers are MORE THAN HAPPY to have me bid upon additional items and will cheerfully allow as much time as I need to finish up and make one final payment. If for some reason this is a problem, then we politely work it out. Am I foolish to expect this from all sellers? Isn't it inherently obvious why sellers should treat their buyers with respect? This is not some weird sense of entitlement on my part - it's just good customer service!

I only recently started selling on eBay again after a 2-3 year break, so I wasn't aware sellers could no longer leave negative FB and they apparently have far fewer tools at their disposal than they used to. I guess I've been very lucky to never have any chargebacks or major problems over the years. Maybe I'll become "crabby seller" one day, too, but I hope it never happens.

As a follow-up, I did send a polite response to the seller indicating that I hadn't seen his 5-day payment policy and thanking him for his patience. He responded that he wasn't aware until now that it wasn't showing up on the main listing screen and his tone was considerable nicer. I still probably won't buy from him in the future (as his shipping is generally too high anyway) but maybe he'll change his item descriptions going forward and some good has come of this.

Thanks for all the interesting responses!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

this is why you ask all the questions and read descriptions before buying or placing bids.There is a lot of greedy and rude people on ebay trying to make a quick buck . Plus you really only have 5-7 days approx before a seller can file a claim for npb .

I agree there are a lot of opportunists with questionable ethics on eBay - and everywhere, in general.

However, the timeframe for NPB filing is in fact a lot broader:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html#work

and specifically:

Timing is important
    There is a limited time when you can open and close a case and be credited for certain fees.

• If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as early as 4 days or up until 32 days after the listing ended (or immediately if the buyer is no longer registered on eBay).

This might conflict with getting credit for FVF fees as posted earlier by Reoddai or may end up crossing billing cycles, but it's not like there's a super tight window for filing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

You should just respond to the guy and ask him where the 5 day policy is stated.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think others have already written something similar to my thoughts, but I'll write them anyway :)

I would never leave anything other than positive feedback for cards I recieved that came as described.... and were shipped within a reasonable amount of time.

If you do really feel put out by the way the seller was talking to you - the stars (specifically for 'Communication') are the place to hit them.

I do the same thing as you do.... I like to buy multiples from a seller when I can. Cuts down on shipping costs, which is a good thing IMO. If I'm going to be anything more than 48 hours before paying (waiting for other auctions to end) I generally do the same thing you've done... and drop them a note.... and would also assume they got it, if I didn't get a reply. I have recieved "payment reminders" from sellers before, after sending them a note like that.... but I think it's a case of sometimes they forget about messages they've read in the past (especailly ones that sell 100s of items per week) or even somemtimes it's becuase the account IS a store, and it's multiple people doing the work.

I just don't think the seller was being all that rude. He explained his policy.... and agreed to bend it for you this time. I just not sure what else he could have said?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been checking my inbox every day for the past week waiting for some cards that I ordered at the end of last month by a seller who lives in a city nearby and it turns out that they weren't even shipped until today.

Man that PO's me off, I don't mind if it takes a while to get here through post but shipping the cards 10 days after receiving payment and not even communicating in between is just not right to me.

Country

too sensitive imo.

You should leave a positive, unless he sends you damaged cards, or they take weeks to get to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

give it a rest, so he is strange big deal just dont buy from him again if you feel so just move on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast