Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Stewart and O'Reilly clash in debate.....It was actually VERY GOOD!

I have to give both these men A LOT OF CREDIT, I mean A LOT of Credit.

I'm sure everyone here knows the way I am towards Fox News and their pundits, but Bill O'Reilly actually did a pretty decent job against Jon Stewart, to see the debate you have to pay for it, here is the site if you guys are interested:

http://www.therumble2012.com/index.html

Of course if you don't want to pay to see it....well, you guys know what to do

Here is a promo:

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I paid for it (hey, half to charity) but I didn't get a chance to watch it until last night. O'Reilly kind of handed Stewart his butt on a platter towards the beginning but Stewart came back and, ultimately, were it a real debate I'd call it a tie. They both made some incredible points and they both said some stupid stuff too. But they actually spoke and debated about the issues and managed to make it entertaining. I didn't think I'd end up agreeing with as much of what O'Reilly had to say, but I did. It didn't change my outlook, but it did open some thoughts up.

Also, after watching this I feel reaffirmed in my position that if these two ran the parties the US would have no troubles whatsoever, simply because they actually talk and, more than that, they listen to each other as well. They find common ground and work from there. I highly recommend people watch it if only for that.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 10-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would also recommend you guys to watch this debate, and I didn't know that half the money you pay to watch it goes to charity, so that's awesome of them to do that.

Overall, like I said, I was very impressed with both men.

Like usual, Stewart brought his "A" game and even though he made some jokes, I could tell he was serious and he valued O'Reilly's input.

O'Reilly really surprised me, and I think it was very noble of him to do this debate fully knowing that the majority of the crowd was on Stewart's side.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I would also recommend you guys to watch this debate, and I didn't know that half the money you pay to watch it goes to charity, so that's awesome of them to do that.

I think it's half of all profits go to charities of Stewart's and O'Reilly's choosing. They both picked two or something. So it's not like they're going home empty handed, but it's still cool that they at least thought of it and did it instead of just fleecing the people to make a quick buck.

Overall, like I said, I was very impressed with both men.

Like usual, Stewart brought his "A" game and even though he made some jokes, I could tell he was serious and he valued O'Reilly's input.

After seeing them go at it on each other's shows, I had nothing but high hopes for it and they delivered in spades.

O'Reilly really surprised me, and I think it was very noble of him to do this debate fully knowing that the majority of the crowd was on Stewart's side.

The thing about it is, Stewart and O'Reilly are actually pretty good friends and they make no secret about it. They make fun of each other the way buddies do, to the point of their barbs at each other being terms of endearment. Stewart's fans know he respects O'Reilly and treat Bill as such. O'Reilly is also respectful of Stewart's audiences when he's there, talking to them instead of at them or about them. I've always respected O'Reilly for his ability to make arguments without (generally) resorting to the crap we're used to. Whenever these two get together, I'm happy to watch and listen. Generally I agree with Stewart, but there are times when O'Reilly is right and Stewart is wrong, like the difference between work benefits and government entitlements he and John went through in the debate.

I think what makes it so great when these two get together is not even so much the discourse and issues they discuss or that they actually discuss them instead of force feeding rhetoric, but the fact that they can argue for two hours and, when it's over, shake hands and mean it. Maybe even go for a couple drinks or something. They separate their politics from their everyday life. Because of that, they can take what the other says with thought instead of annoyance, anger and hatred. I love it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I think it's half of all profits go to charities of Stewart's and O'Reilly's choosing. They both picked two or something. So it's not like they're going home empty handed, but it's still cool that they at least thought of it and did it instead of just fleecing the people to make a quick buck.

After seeing them go at it on each other's shows, I had nothing but high hopes for it and they delivered in spades.

The thing about it is, Stewart and O'Reilly are actually pretty good friends and they make no secret about it. They make fun of each other the way buddies do, to the point of their barbs at each other being terms of endearment. Stewart's fans know he respects O'Reilly and treat Bill as such. O'Reilly is also respectful of Stewart's audiences when he's there, talking to them instead of at them or about them. I've always respected O'Reilly for his ability to make arguments without (generally) resorting to the crap we're used to. Whenever these two get together, I'm happy to watch and listen. Generally I agree with Stewart, but there are times when O'Reilly is right and Stewart is wrong, like the difference between work benefits and government entitlements he and John went through in the debate.

I think what makes it so great when these two get together is not even so much the discourse and issues they discuss or that they actually discuss them instead of force feeding rhetoric, but the fact that they can argue for two hours and, when it's over, shake hands and mean it. Maybe even go for a couple drinks or something. They separate their politics from their everyday life. Because of that, they can take what the other says with thought instead of annoyance, anger and hatred. I love it.

100% agree with everything you've said. Two entertaining, smart people.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Here is the link for the full video.