T.o. Not too proud to beg for a job

When is this guy going to go away? Does anybody besides ESPN want to see this guy play anymore?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Tebow to T.O.
    I collect Montee Ball, Denver Broncos, Russell Wilson, Mike Glennon, Chris Borland, Brett Smith
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

Someone seriously needs to sit T.O., Chad Johnson, and Plaxico down and tell them it's over. If the NFL has shown us anything, it is that no matter what type of off the field trouble a player has, if he can make a difference on Sundays he would be playing. It is a league of 2nd, 3rd, 4th... chances. If no one is calling you, there is a reason for it. Time to let go and move on.
    Sports enthusiast. Green Bay Packer and Milwaukee Brewer fan.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing.” - Vince Lombardi
    Fan of Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Clayton Kershaw - Kid K!
    Bucket, everything always for sale/trade Hidden Content

the jets will try and pick a receiver off another team before they get Owens. Although at this point Owens and tebow would be the best wr core they can come up with for the year. They have to do something and Owens would be higher on my list than rodgers or Williams. Clyde gates didn't look all that bad considering he was being covered by johnathan Joseph. Unfortunately he injured his hand in the game and he is now out. The jets need another wr and he has to be someone. At this point terrel Owens is looking to pay child support. Even if they got him for 1 year he could help the inexperienced receivers on the team. I wouldn't rule it out.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by 74Razor View Post
    Someone seriously needs to sit T.O., Chad Johnson, and Plaxico down and tell them it's over. If the NFL has shown us anything, it is that no matter what type of off the field trouble a player has, if he can make a difference on Sundays he would be playing. It is a league of 2nd, 3rd, 4th... chances. If no one is calling you, there is a reason for it. Time to let go and move on.
    Good point. Even Pacman Jones is still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    the jets will try and pick a receiver off another team before they get Owens. Although at this point Owens and tebow would be the best wr core they can come up with for the year. They have to do something and Owens would be higher on my list than rodgers or Williams. Clyde gates didn't look all that bad considering he was being covered by johnathan Joseph. Unfortunately he injured his hand in the game and he is now out. The jets need another wr and he has to be someone. At this point terrel Owens is looking to pay child support. Even if they got him for 1 year he could help the inexperienced receivers on the team. I wouldn't rule it out.
    I wouldn't rule it out either but the question for me is would be if he actually can help the Jets win. Obviously his skills are diminished because of his age and he would either be covered by a team's best DB or double-covered. Add in that the Jets don't really even have a good QB that can make good decisions and accurate throws and I don't see TO doing much for them. Does TO really give them a chance to win? I don't think he does.

I think the Jets really need to go into rebuild mode. Look at the key positions:

QB - You have to choose between Sanchez who makes poor decisions and turns the ball over a lot or Tebow who is a great athlete but has horrible accuracy and couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside.
    RB - LT is gone and Greene is looking like a major failure at being a starter
    WR - Holmes is a loud-mouth and hurts his team as much as he helps, the rest of the WRs are no-names and career back-ups
    TE - Ummm, I can't even think of who their TE is
    OL - Mangold and who else?
    Defense - Revis is a star, Landry is solid...everybody else is old or not special.

If the Jets were smart they would get Sanchez and Tebow on the trade block and intentionally tank this season, end up with some solid draft picks and start fresh next year.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Good point. Even Pacman Jones is still playing.

I wouldn't rule it out either but the question for me is would be if he actually can help the Jets win. Obviously his skills are diminished because of his age and he would either be covered by a team's best DB or double-covered. Add in that the Jets don't really even have a good QB that can make good decisions and accurate throws and I don't see TO doing much for them. Does TO really give them a chance to win? I don't think he does.

I think the Jets really need to go into rebuild mode. Look at the key positions:

QB - You have to choose between Sanchez who makes poor decisions and turns the ball over a lot or Tebow who is a great athlete but has horrible accuracy and couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside.
    RB - LT is gone and Greene is looking like a major failure at being a starter
    WR - Holmes is a loud-mouth and hurts his team as much as he helps, the rest of the WRs are no-names and career back-ups
    TE - Ummm, I can't even think of who their TE is
    OL - Mangold and who else?
    Defense - Revis is a star, Landry is solid...everybody else is old or not special.

If the Jets were smart they would get Sanchez and Tebow on the trade block and intentionally tank this season, end up with some solid draft picks and start fresh next year.
    Nah, they'll mortgage more of their future and draft picks to move up and get Barkley. Won't that be something, Barkley, Sanchez and Tebow. In the words of Bart Scott "can't wait." and it's funny that it's now the Jets D that can't stop a nose bleed. Looking forward to the Jets coming to town in a couple of weeks.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

I don't really see a good WR (and Owens isn't one) making a difference for the Jets. They aren't better than the Patriots which means they will be a Wild Card in the playoffs and there team isn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs. They are almost better off tanking and going for a high draft pick since somebody like Tebow or Owens aren't going to turn their season around.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content