Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Stacey Dash defends her support of Romney

    No I am not going to insult this woman even though you want me to but I will say this. Entertainers should refrain from endorsing any political canidate because no matter who you are endorsing you are running the risk of ailienating half of your fans. Obvious exceptions would be political shock jocks like rush, political comedians such as Bill Bahr or political rappers like Mos Def. What are your thoughts?

    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...f-mitt-romney/
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  2. #2


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,937
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    No I am not going to insult this woman even though you want me to but I will say this. Entertainers should refrain from endorsing any political canidate because no matter who you are endorsing you are running the risk of ailienating half of your fans. Obvious exceptions would be political shock jocks like rush, political comedians such as Bill Bahr or political rappers like Mos Def. What are your thoughts?

    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...f-mitt-romney/
    Funny, you didn't take this position when discussing the Samuel L. Jackson ad.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  3. #3
    I would rather know a celebrity's political leanings than know what they were wearing last night and who they are now sleeping with. And as long as she has an informed opinion on the matter, feel free to express it.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  4. #4
    Yes she along with anyone else does have the right to speak her mind politically. That being said she is paid to act in movies and not for political commentary. I was talking about this with my wife this morning and she thinks that Stacy did this just for the press to keep her name in the public eye. Some people believe that there is no such thing as bad press.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Yes she along with anyone else does have the right to speak her mind politically. That being said she is paid to act in movies and not for political commentary. I was talking about this with my wife this morning and she thinks that Stacy did this just for the press to keep her name in the public eye. Some people believe that there is no such thing as bad press.
    do you feel the same about samuel l. jackson and all the actors and celebrities who endorse obama?
    bucket:Hidden Content

    Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

  6. #6


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,937
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Yes she along with anyone else does have the right to speak her mind politically. That being said she is paid to act in movies and not for political commentary. I was talking about this with my wife this morning and she thinks that Stacy did this just for the press to keep her name in the public eye. Some people believe that there is no such thing as bad press.
    Funny, you didn't take this position when discussing the Samuel L. Jackson ad.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ensbergcollector View Post
    do you feel the same about samuel l. jackson and all the actors and celebrities who endorse obama?
    When I go to the movies or buy dvds I spend my money on the movie not the actor's political commentary. Is that clear enough for you?
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 10-10-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  8. #8
    I don't mind when celebrities make known their political support, but I really don't use the knowledge for anything. I do think that it's idiotic to bash a person because they don't support a politician that happens to be the same race as them. Good for her for supporting ideals instead of a specific politicians race.

    With twitter and other social media outlets everyone, even lower level celebrities have a much greater stream of voicing their thoughts and such.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    When I go to the movies or buy dvds I spend my money on the movie not the political commentary. Is that clear enough for you?
    no, actually you just very purposefully ignored the question. which, i guess in a way, does make your answer clear enough for me.
    bucket:Hidden Content

    Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    When I go to the movies or buy dvds I spend my money on the movie not the political commentary. Is that clear enough for you?
    I agree with this. You really don't see celebrities interjecting their opinions into their work unless maybe they are a reality star or sometimes musicians do it before songs (which I hate). If they do each person has the choice to support that celebrity or not.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •