Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell'!

OK....so before I post the story, anyone want to take a wild guess from which party this guy is from???

Yeah.....I don't think I even have to mention it...

http://news.yahoo.com/congressman-ca...175514039.html

Georgia Rep. Paul Broun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell" meant to convince people that they do not need a savior.

Broun also said that he believes the Earth is about 9,000 years old...

^This right here, is why we are a joke to the rest of the world.....because our leaders believe that the earth is 9000 years old, when every single evidence shows that it's billions!

99.9% of the Scientific community accept that evolution has occured and CONTINUES to occur.....anyone that truly studies biology in a subjective manner will come to the same conclusion.

To say that this guy is a clown, would be an insult to clowns...

Video is on Post #5......Also, this guy serves on the House Committee of SCIENCE, space and Technology in Georgia!

I'm NOT making this up!
    Last edited by JustAlex; 10-07-2012 at 05:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where do you get this 99.9% # from? The only place I could find it was in wiki without reference.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where do you get this 99.9% # from? The only place I could find it was in wiki without reference.

I'm more than happy to help....

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html

Of the scientists and engineers in the United States, only about 5% are creationists, according to a 1991 Gallup poll (Robinson 1995, Witham 1997).

However, this number includes those working in fields not related to life origins (such as computer scientists, mechanical engineers, etc.). Taking into account only those working in the relevant fields of earth and life sciences, there are about 480,000 scientists, but only about 700 believe in "creation-science" or consider it a valid theory (Robinson 1995).

This means that less than 0.15 percent of relevant scientists believe in creationism. And that is just in the United States, which has more creationists than any other industrialized country. In other countries, the number of relevant scientists who accept creationism drops to less than one tenth of 1 percent.

There is NO debate, More than 99% of Scientists in relevant biological fields reject creationism in favor of evolution.

However, that doesn't mean they don't believe in god, it simply means that they don't believe the Genesis account for how life originated.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm more than happy to help....

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html

Of the scientists and engineers in the United States, only about 5% are creationists, according to a 1991 Gallup poll (Robinson 1995, Witham 1997).

However, this number includes those working in fields not related to life origins (such as computer scientists, mechanical engineers, etc.). Taking into account only those working in the relevant fields of earth and life sciences, there are about 480,000 scientists, but only about 700 believe in "creation-science" or consider it a valid theory (Robinson 1995).

This means that less than 0.15 percent of relevant scientists believe in creationism. And that is just in the United States, which has more creationists than any other industrialized country. In other countries, the number of relevant scientists who accept creationism drops to less than one tenth of 1 percent.

There is NO debate, More than 99% of Scientists in relevant biological fields reject creationism in favor of evolution.

However, that doesn't mean they don't believe in god, it simply means that they don't believe the Genesis account for how life originated.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out sometime.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here is the video:

Note what this person who WILL REPRESENT us in Congress says:

• "There is a lot of Scientific data that I've found out as a scientist that actually show that this is a young Earth..."
    • "I believe it (earth) was created in 6 days...."
    • "It (Religion....the Christian Religion) teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society....
    • "I hold the holy bible as being the MAJOR DIRECTIONS TO ME OF HOW I VOTE......and I'll continue to do that."

It's all right there, pure evidence of how these guys think and how they allow their 2000 year old religion dictate policy in the 21st century, in a country that was designed to be SECULAR....

SCF Rewards
    Country

OH my goodness....

I just read that this guy is in the House Committee on SCIENCE, Space and Technology in Georgia!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Broun

My Brain is about to explode.....I feel like I'm being trolled really badly, but it's all true!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

God is so trolling you right now.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

The man is allowed to believe what he does as absurd as it may be. You believe in what you do but you cannot prove any of what you believe asides from linking articles and quoting higher powers, in the end that doesnt add up to much either. strange how life works when you really look at it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I find it interesting that people who believe in creationism are so adamant that evolution is so absurd of an idea. I get that it's just because that it typically what they have been taught from a very early age within their family, but it's just curious to me a little bit. How could someone be so open minded to something so mystical as religion but so closed minded to other theories that are based more in logical ideals that have some connection to things we experience. I get it's a debate that will always be and can never be proven for sure on either side, but does make me think.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The man is allowed to believe what he does as absurd as it may be. You believe in what you do but you cannot prove any of what you believe asides from linking articles and quoting higher powers, in the end that doesnt add up to much either. strange how life works when you really look at it.

Saying that we can't 100% prove either theory is NOT the way to go.

We are 99% sure that gravity exists, can you imagine if someone says, "Well, I believe God is the reason why humans don't float into space and why objects fall to the ground".

Do you think that's REAL science?

Do you think that should be taught alongside gravity which has been tested and peer reviewed by men who spent their lives studying that subject?
    Last edited by JustAlex; 10-08-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast