Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Remind me never to buy any Beckett subscription ever again! I can't believe that she is the Beckett Hockey Editor!!! Seriously is that some sort of a joke? No passion at all for the cards or product! Monotone, boring, brutal pronunciation, horrible, dull, brutal, and pathetic!

Also Jonpop go find a new hobby!!! Get lost please! You add nothing positive to this site!

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

Remind me never to buy any Beckett subscription ever again! I can't believe that she is the Beckett Hockey Editor!!! Seriously is that some sort of a joke? No passion at all for the cards or product! Monotone, boring, brutal pronunciation, horrible, dull, brutal, and pathetic!

Also Jonpop go find a new hobby!!! Get lost please! You add nothing positive to this site!

Are you the professional video reviewer now for the site? This is what happens when you let children on these forums.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays
    See Rogulon's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Wow that was bad!!!!! Even being a Toronto fan I cringe when they pronounce Habs names wrong......
    You think Becket would let her do the video in the office instead of her apartment!!!!

I agree totally with MatsSundin13Rocks no passion no nothing.... Not even her being topless would have helped that video
    LEAFS PC = 11,042 Total Cards

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

Thanks for that last cageman comment, there are women here too you know

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

lots of love in this thread lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country

Sorry, but all the macho comments in sports are getting tiresome

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just had a brief exchange with her on Twitter,

"I read a lot about sports. I don't watch a lot. There are names I do not know how to say."

LOL. I'm not even really sure where to start with that. I guess it's fine if 100% of her editing is in written word, and the place she read about it spells it right.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See pensfan254858's Items on eBay

Didn't mean the value, I would cringe pulling such an ugly auto reglardless of name. I want cards to be beautiful, but that's just me.

If you go back to some of the first autographs Price did, it was every letter and beautiful...shame he has to sign as much as he does to let it become what it is now.

Not really a product for me, given the team I cheer for, but I would have liked to have seen more variety in the game used in the pack to get a better feel for what the product has to offer. They did nothing for me (as already commented, the game used looked about the same as every other ITG product to come out that is similar to this price point/box breakdown). The base did look great though, and I loved the Shack auto - might just be a the great sig, with that dark blue on the card (as the Shutt looked good too, but not as good with the red).
    Collecting: John Vanbiesbrouck (Panthers)
    Collecting: PC ITC Jumbo Mem (33/57)
    Collecting: ​Pinnacle, BAP, BTP Masks
    Collecting: Penguins Autographed pucks (Cup Years)
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See pensfan254858's Items on eBay

I just had a brief exchange with her on Twitter,

"I read a lot about sports. I don't watch a lot. There are names I do not know how to say."

LOL. I'm not even really sure where to start with that. I guess it's fine if 100% of her editing is in written word, and the place she read about it spells it right.

In her defense, there are a lot of names in the hockey world, especially if you aren't familiar with them, that are hard to pronounce. Or in the case of Guy, are pronouced different than spelled (Patrick Roy vs Derek Roy anyone?) Granted, that would make her a poor choice to do a hockey break like this, where there are bound to be names that center around my comments above, and that doesn't make the lack of excitement about the product any less painful to watch...but just throwing another view point in, since this lady is getting ripped a new one on so many levels in this thread...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country

Well, can't help but feel she's getting extra ripped cause of the gender. It's like that here too with sport commentators etc, if it's someone who is not that good, and happens to be a woman, she gets ripped on multiple levels compared to a not-that-good man. As for the lightning, I don't complain, the cards were clear and visible (compared to cnc's breaks). But if she can't pronoice french-canadian names she probably shouldn't do hockey videobreaks, it's arrogant of Beckett

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast