Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Habs you're better than that.

Care to explain?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I thought it was pretty clear I was using the Bible as word of God. Do I believe it? Doesn't matter, this is the conversation we are having. The bible states homosexuality is a sin and God hates sin. No need to start the "word of god vs man" debate again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The bible states homosexuality is a sin and God hates sin.

I want to pick your brain for a second if I can....

Using the bible's interpretation of homosexuality is really not the way to go....if you're a rational thinker. (IMO)

As rational thinkers, can we accept the fact that the majority of Homosexuals claim that they are born that way?

If so, then one must admit that if there really is a god, he created every being in the form that they are in.

So, why would god purposely create something which has natural urges to commit the "sin" of homosexuality?

Dose this god have a bad sense of humor?

Does this god want to see them suffer for no reason?

Does this god enjoy playing around with his creation?

The logical conclusion is that either this god is what I claim it to be, or if there is a god, this is NOT the real god since god would not do something so malignant, since it is contrary to his "nature".

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well the belief (I can't really say either way) is that homosexuals make the choice and aren't born that way. Whether you agree or not is beside the point, that's the belief. As such, from a Bible standpoint, you're questions can't be answered because they're based on a fallacy.

Again, that's the belief, not necessarily mine.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I want to pick your brain for a second if I can....

Using the bible's interpretation of homosexuality is really not the way to go....if you're a rational thinker. (IMO)

As rational thinkers, can we accept the fact that the majority of Homosexuals claim that they are born that way?

If so, then one must admit that if there really is a god, he created every being in the form that they are in.

So, why would god purposely create something which has natural urges to commit the "sin" of homosexuality?

Dose this god have a bad sense of humor?

Does this god want to see them suffer for no reason?

Does this god enjoy playing around with his creation?

The logical conclusion is that either this god is what I claim it to be, or if there is a god, this is NOT the real god since god would not do something so malignant, since it is contrary to his "nature".

If I could chime in and play God's advocate for a second we were all born with sinful impulses. It is not that we are tempted with sin that God has a problem but acting on the sin is what God hates. Each of us have our own demons that we are battling. Some have sexual demons, some like to lie, some steal etc. If we were all born perfect then what would be the point?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

the Bible may state it, but not Jesus.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Did Jesus state anything about abortion? Drug use? Pedophilia?

Do you thinks he's okay with any of that?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I also don't think everything Jesus ever said has made it to us. So if you believe the teachings of Jesus contained in the Bible are absolute truths, why would the rest of the Bible be all lies?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Now we are picking and choosing what parts of the bible we go by? Oh no we can't have that.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I thought it was pretty clear I was using the Bible as word of God. Do I believe it? Doesn't matter, this is the conversation we are having. The bible states homosexuality is a sin and God hates sin. No need to start the "word of god vs man" debate again.

Forget WHO says God hates sin for a second. The very fact that "God" hates anything is absurd. He is God. If He can wipe out the Earthly inhabitants with a flood, surely he can just do away with any sin he has a need to hate.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast