Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 105
  1. #71


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Forget WHO says God hates sin for a second. The very fact that "God" hates anything is absurd. He is God. If He can wipe out the Earthly inhabitants with a flood, surely he can just do away with any sin he has a need to hate.
    Well let's start with why there is sin. Satan challenged God, saying people would rather sin than serve him. If God simply wiped out everything he didn't like, another angel would see the logic that Satan was right because God had proved nothing, just used his powers to make it go away.

    As such, he absolutely hates sin, but he's not going to just wipe it out or else it would just be a cycle of. Challenge and destroy. That isn't what God wants.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Forget WHO says God hates sin for a second. The very fact that "God" hates anything is absurd. He is God. If He can wipe out the Earthly inhabitants with a flood, surely he can just do away with any sin he has a need to hate.
    God gives us all free will. We are not his robots and we are free to do as we choose weather it pleases him or not. He as a parent just like you as the father to your daughters are not always pleased with the choices that your kids make.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Well let's start with why there is sin. Satan challenged God, saying people would rather sin than serve him. If God simply wiped out everything he didn't like, another angel would see the logic that Satan was right because God had proved nothing, just used his powers to make it go away.

    As such, he absolutely hates sin, but he's not going to just wipe it out or else it would just be a cycle of. Challenge and destroy. That isn't what God wants.
    You lost me?? What was the point of the Flood then? Apparently God thought wiping everything out was a good idea back then.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    God gives us all free will. We are not his robots and we are free to do as we choose weather it pleases him or not. He as a parent just like you as the father to your daughters are not always pleased with the choices that your kids make.
    I'm a mortal man, free to display the worst of emotions whenever I feel like it. I get that. He is a God. The ability to HATE should not be part of any supreme being's makeup. Enlighten me here. Did Jesus ever speak of hating anything?
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  5. #75


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    You lost me?? What was the point of the Flood then? Apparently God thought wiping everything out was a good idea back then.
    I'm just telling you what it says. I'm not necessarily agreeing with it and I'm definitely not saying the Bible doesn't contradi t itself.

    So with all that in mind, what is your point.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    I'm just telling you what it says. I'm not necessarily agreeing with it and I'm definitely not saying the Bible doesn't contradi t itself.

    So with all that in mind, what is your point.
    My point is: it's absurd for a God to hate.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    My point is: it's absurd for a God to hate.
    God dosen't hate anyone but he hates certian actions. Are you suggesting that God should love everything? Rape, murder, bigotry, etc?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  8. #78


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    My point is: it's absurd for a God to hate.
    If you say so. Though I would argue that we were made in his image and that would in life emotions. Since he can feel love, why couldn't he feel hatred?

    Hater isn't a bad thing in and of itself. Saying someone, anyone, should live without hate is like saying they should live without fear. Fear exists for a reason, so does hate. It's how you use it that determines good or bad.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    My point is: it's absurd for a God to hate.
    I also think it's absurd for a god to be jealous, vindictive, or any other petty human emotion.

    If we compare god to humans like humans to ants.....should I feel jealous, hatred, or vindictive towards an ant?

    WHY?

    Furthermore, doesn't this chaotic world where random things happen everyday proof positive that IF there is a god, he really doesn't care about our affairs?

    Think about it.....the creator of an endless universe cares about a tiny piece of rock?

    It's the equivalent of caring for ONE grain of sand in an endless beach!
    "Islam is the mother load of bad ideas" -Sam Harris

    "Christianity is a close second" -Me

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    God dosen't hate anyone but he hates certian actions. Are you suggesting that God should love everything? Rape, murder, bigotry, etc?
    There's a huge spectrum of emotion between hate and love. I am not sure you guys even understand what hatred actually is. If you did. You would see where I am coming from.

    I do not, nor have I ever, "hated" anyone or anything. Hatred consumes people. Hatred is based on ignorance. You would think God would have a better grasp of His emotions.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •