Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (27) UCB
    Country
    See ultimatehockeyfan's Items on eBay

How many blaster boxes are you sitting on? That looks like a Hockey Card Museum. I've got cards in about 40 different boxes in 3-4 different rooms, on the floor, in the closet, on the table in one room. It's a bit more manageable now with less than 20,000 cards, but when I had over 500K it was a nightmare.

Haha lots, some were discounted others I just wanted to bust something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, that's crazy. But I think i've seen that before, didn't you used to be on YouTube? I never made a trade with you but I remember the drawers you kept your cards in and your massive PC and Lightning room haha. That's just like an absolute shrine. It looks awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (27) UCB
    Country

Yeah, that's crazy. But I think i've seen that before, didn't you used to be on YouTube? I never made a trade with you but I remember the drawers you kept your cards in and your massive PC and Lightning room haha. That's just like an absolute shrine. It looks awesome!

Yeah I was on Youtube a while back. Thanks for the compliment.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A few of those Bolts things look familar haha. Have a extra program for you btw
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (27) UCB
    Country

A few of those Bolts things look familar haha. Have a extra program for you btw

Yeah I try and find room for it all haha. I'll send you a PM.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Heres how I sort

Base: all sorted by team in a huge box

Parallels: all sorted by type (gold medallions, cert mirror, etc) in their own box

Inserts: all sorted by year and type in their own box

Rcs: all sorted by year and type in their own box

Jsy, au’a, patches etc: are in the same box as the rookies is penny sleeves and top loaders

Personal collections: have all my gerbe , ducks and random in one folder. My gf has all her galiardi, bd duals and randoms in another binder.

It take but little room in our room as the all for nicely right between my two desks so when I file a card its pretty easy to keep them in their proper place.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Excel spreadsheet with tabs for each year; anything with BV $1 or more or part of an insert set gets logged and valued for insurance purposes and a running total for each year and all combined is kept on a header tab.

Actual cards are broken up by value and then by year to mirror Beckett listings (Artifacts, BAP, Beehive, etc.) for each year. Commons are in monster boxes (nine boxes). Cards $1-$5 are naked in 3200 count boxes (have five of those). Cards $5-$15 are in penny sleeves in 3200-count boxes (two of those), $15-$50 are in sleeves and top loaders in a three-row box and finally $50+ cards are in top loaders or magnetics in a modified 3200-count box. Sets are in 3200-count boxes - six or seven of those, I think.

Decades gets its own box due to sheer volume of cards and the need to keep them all together.

And those are just the hockey cards! My football and basketball collections are in relative disarray...
    Last edited by Gallinator; 10-11-2012 at 04:45 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

to answer the original question, stacked here and there on my desk, until yesterday when I spilled my java and lost a few rc's...:/ I am now in the process of building a display case, There is some awesome carbon fiber vinyl sheets on ebay, I bought a black sheet and a gold sheet, both 48" x 24" for only $20 each. Ive used them before and they make incredible looking backdrops and are very easy to apply to wood, plywood etc...whatever you use to make your case (no bubbles at all). I will post up some pics when its done.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

to answer the original question, stacked here and there on my desk, until yesterday when I spilled my java and lost a few rc's...:/ I am now in the process of building a display case, There is some awesome carbon fiber vinyl sheets on ebay, I bought a black sheet and a gold sheet, both 48" x 24" for only $20 each. Ive used them before and they make incredible looking backdrops and are very easy to apply to wood, plywood etc...whatever you use to make your case (no bubbles at all). I will post up some pics when its done.

Ugh, thats horrible. Hope they were no big name rookies! Just a question for everyone here, where do you get those cardboard-looking cases that hold your cards in toploaders (the ones with like the dividers in them, open topped? I know UHF had one in one of his pictures. I'd like to get two for trader cards and then another for my pc cards.
    Last edited by CapsCrowsOs; 10-11-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12