Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 1987 Topps TTM Thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck with your set, that's a heck of a project. I've had recent successes with John Tudor and Shawon Dunston. Never thought about trying to complete a set.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Good luck with your set, that's a heck of a project. I've had recent successes with John Tudor and Shawon Dunston. Never thought about trying to complete a set.

It's a fun project but very costly and time consuming and one I'll likely never complete. There are around 5-6 people on this site working the set and it's overall very popular so lots of cards out there. Not to mention you can get 300 via TTM so that makes it a good starter. Levi is around 200 cards from completion for the set and im a solid 350 away.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well I have added around 10 or so cards to this set and sit around 300 till completion, This set has slowed and tracking down cards has been a bit tough. Trying not to spend to much money buying them but this has been going very slow.

Added: Jamie Cocanower, Frank Viola on Checklist with 87 WS Mvp then I picked up 4 more toughies ill post pics soon.

Hooray for 1987 Topps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by J_A_S_Z; 07-16-2014 at 10:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Should be fun. I have some from that set I may send out soon. I've unofficially been working on other sets. There's only been one set I've ever been serious about, but it's sure fun to do.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This one is pretty main stream so lots of extras out there. As far as TTM you can hit 250-300 players for this set so you get one heck of a good chuck via TTM. But the tough 5-10 all sell for $500-2000 so that really sucks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I started it in May. I was born in 87 and I just love the look of the card. Also this thread somewhat inspired me to try it. I just got my 60th success. Glad to see you still have some trickling in.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I started it in May. I was born in 87 and I just love the look of the card. Also this thread somewhat inspired me to try it. I just got my 60th success. Glad to see you still have some trickling in.

This set is very popular so that helps in working it. Lots of guys sign as well so its easy to get a quick 100-200 signed cards.

Added: Rudy Law, Tom Paciorek, Luis Quinones, Ed Correa #334, Bob Ojeda #746, Dan Quisenberry #714, Sid Fernandez #570, Kevin Mitchell #653

SCF Rewards
    Country

This one is pretty main stream so lots of extras out there. As far as TTM you can hit 250-300 players for this set so you get one heck of a good chuck via TTM. But the tough 5-10 all sell for $500-2000 so that really sucks.

Hey looks like you have done an awesome job with this set. Who are some of the toughies that sell for 500+?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hey looks like you have done an awesome job with this set. Who are some of the toughies that sell for 500+?

Ricky Wright, Dick Howser, Aurelio Lopez, Bo Diaz all sell for quite a bit
    Then Guys like Randy Myers and Bo Jackson cost a signing fee of close to $100 to get. Doyle Alexander, Eric Plunk are super tough to get for the set and they have guys like Damaso Garcia and others not in the contry making them pretty damn tough.

I don't buy on Ebay because of all the forgeries they are selling so that makes it a bit tougher for me to complete my set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I didn't realize Plunk was difficult...do you know the reason why?

I gave away a signed 87T duplicate i had before I started working on the set myself... it is an unofficial project but I'm at just over 300 signed. My current projects are signed 1976 Topps (Have 540 signed) and 1985 Topps (330 signed)

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 LastLast