Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

New Jersey teacher who made anti gay comments on facebook resigns

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-cancer.html

A teacher accused of writing anti-gay comments on Facebook has resigned after 21 years in the job.

Jenye 'Viki' Knox caused widespread controversy a year ago when she compared homosexuality to cancer and said her school was 'going to hell in a handbasket'.

Now it has been revealed that she quit her job over the summer and is claiming a disability pension for 'psychological' reasons.

Ms Knox is a committed Christian who advised the Bible study group at Union High School in Union Township, New Jersey.

Last September the 51-year-old was placed on leave after taking to Facebook to denounce the school's plans to celebrate Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month.

'Why parade your unnatural immoral behaviors before the rest of us?', she wrote, adding that homosexuality was 'perverted' and a 'sin' which 'breeds like cancer'.

The tenured special education teacher, who had worked in Union Township since 2000, had been suspended from her $72,270-a-year job ever since the beginning of the Facebook controversy.

She has said in court papers that she plans to seek a disability pension due to a back injury and on 'psychological grounds'.

After the controversy broke out a Facebook page seeking Ms Knox's firing was set up, as well as one supporting her right to free speech.

The 'Fire Viki Knox' page argued that her comments were incompatible with the Union High School's belief statement.

The school lists 'embracing diversity' - including of sexual orientation - as one of its major goals.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mugatu471's Items on eBay

Sounds about right.

BANNED

Country

I see the "diverse" school policy does not accept those who oppose perverted gay lust. Does the school also fire teachers who oppose nambla? I suppose straight students who refuse to accept homosexual advances from staff and fellow students will be punished as well?
    Last edited by Gorillawits; 10-11-2012 at 02:30 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This is another perfect example of just because you have the legal right to do something (post on facebook/twitter/etc) dosen't make it the right thing to do.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I really don't understand why people have so much issue with homosexuals so I can't really put myself in her position. I will say that she has a right to her views but she does represent the school even off the clock (including facebook). I'd think that a school wouldn't want any teacher stirring up controversy no matter which side of the fence a teacher was on a specific topic. I see it as more of an issue in that realm than her being suspended due to that rather than her actual view... I guess it depends on the higher ups. I will say that I find it odd that one could teach and provide that service to all of her kids if she was that disgusted by homosexuals, considering she is almost certainly teacher homosexuals. How could a kid sit in her class and expect proper teaching if she has the opinion of homosexuality being like a cancer. Having her teach at the school really isn't fair to the students so that's possibly another valid reason why she was assumedly forced to resign.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I see the "diverse" school policy does not accept those who oppose perverted gay lust. Does the school also fire teachers who oppose nambla? I suppose straight students who refuse to accept homosexual advances from staff and fellow students will be punished as well?

not all homosexual relationships are simply perverted lust. It's on a case by case basis but it's just like any other sexual relationship. Some are based on lust and some are deeper than that.

I'm not sure why you choose to bring in NAMBLA and an illegal activity when discussing views on homosexuality? It really just hurts your credibility within the debate. One is perfectly legal between consenting people and the other is illegal and an adult taking advantage of children.

Any student should not have to deal with any sort of advancement from anyone on school staff... no matter the sexual orientation of the person. Actually, anyone that puts out sexual advances that are continued and unwanted should be punished. That really has zero to do with sexual preference.

BANNED

Country

not all homosexual relationships are simply perverted lust. It's on a case by case basis but it's just like any other sexual relationship. Some are based on lust and some are deeper than that.

I'm not sure why you choose to bring in NAMBLA and an illegal activity when discussing views on homosexuality? It really just hurts your credibility within the debate. One is perfectly legal between consenting people and the other is illegal and an adult taking advantage of children.

Any student should not have to deal with any sort of advancement from anyone on school staff... no matter the sexual orientation of the person. Actually, anyone that puts out sexual advances that are continued and unwanted should be punished. That really has zero to do with sexual preference.

Nambla is a homosexual based organization. The gay community refuses to denouce nambla which means they don't care who nambla trys to hurt. Every gay relationship is about lust, it is throwning away your natural attraction to the opposite sex. Why would a man willingly give up his attracation to a woman?

Why should a straight student who opposes the gay lifestyle be forced to be taught by a teacher who lusts after gay sex?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Nambla is a homosexual based organization. The gay community refuses to denouce nambla which means they don't care who nambla trys to hurt. Every gay relationship is about lust, it is throwning away your natural attraction to the opposite sex. Why would a man willingly give up his attracation to a woman?

Why should a straight student who opposes the gay lifestyle be forced to be taught by a teacher who lusts after gay sex?

You don't get it do you. No straight man would willing give up his attraction to women to be with men. Why because if he did he is already gay. Also if you want to discuss lust should also be all up in arms over hetrosexual high school and other unmarried couples who are lusting. Please be consistent with your views.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Gorilla wits had credibility to hurt?

BANNED

Country

You don't get it do you. No straight man would willing give up his attraction to women to be with men. Why because if he did he is already gay. Also if you want to discuss lust should also be all up in arms over hetrosexual high school and other unmarried couples who are lusting. Please be consistent with your views.

Why did you leave out the scripture that says fornicaters will go to hell? Am I suppose to leave footnote after every comment about gays that fornicaters will go to hell too?

How can you claim fornication, justifys gay sex?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast