Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (69)
    Country
    See na's Items on eBay

DEVANTE SMITH-PELLY used a stamp on all his Cup rookie cards

DEVANTE SMITH-PELLY used a stamp on all his Cup rookie cards

FAIL

After reading a post on HI

I did some photoshop investigation and the above statement is true

I just took screenshots of 4 different cup cards.....put them in photoshop and overlaid them.....they are exactly the same

The only thing that makes them different is the amount of ink on the stamp and the amount of pressure used to apply the stamp to the card

FAIL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Wow thats funny. Great work!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

To further demonstrate, check out the "signature" on this card and compare it to the hand-numbering right beside it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-12-UD-T...item35c074f16c

The autograph is blotchy, one-dimensional, and perfectly consistent among his other Cup autograph cards with the only difference being the amount of ink and the pressure applied to it, like cbjhockey61 pointed out.

This is a new low!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Rofl he's a rookie with a not so great autograph in the first place and not even THAT popular..I could see someone with an amazing autograph and someone that has been in the hockey buisness for 20+ years..
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Honestly, the first thing I did when I heard about this was laugh. I'd have to applaud him for sneaking it past UD Quality Control. Probably why he was omitted from Dominion (Card #132 is missing below Peter Holland, logic would dictate that's DSP).

Does the back of the card say an authentic stamp?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Check some out for yourself people.

No stamp was used. The guy has a consistent signature (ugly as it may be) but it is by no means IDENTICAL on all of the cards. No just the pressure, but slight variations of the shape of the D, placement of the period, etc.... are slightly different.

As far as the "proof" that the numbering is in a different writing/pen.... of course it is, the players don't hand number those cards. Upper Deck does once they get them back.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (12)
    Country
    See nucksforcup's Items on eBay

No stamp was used. The guy has a consistent signature (ugly as it may be) but it is by no means IDENTICAL on all of the cards. No just the pressure, but slight variations of the shape of the D, placement of the period, etc.... are slightly different.

As far as the "proof" that the numbering is in a different writing/pen.... of course it is, the players don't hand number those cards. Upper Deck does once they get them back.

this pic to me is proof enough. Not my pic, thanks to lumpygumby on HI
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...elly-stamp.gif

different sig's
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-12-CONT...item416ca61ab3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-12-SPx-...item2a241c3cda

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPX-AUTOGRAP...item1c2c041ff1

hes a fraud. hopefully UD and Panini get every cent back from him

SCF Rewards
    Country

hes a fraud. hopefully UD and Panini get every cent back from him

Wait they get paid $ by card companies to sign cards?

Anyways not that big of a deal and to me it doesn't look like it's a stamp anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

No person can sit down and sign hundreds of cards with each signature coming out EXACTLY the same as the last. It's impossible. His Cup rookies, UD Ultimate rookies, and Contenders rookies are all "signed" with the exact same stamp.

BANNED

Country

This is terrible to hear, and I hope someone can prove this to be false.

There goes my PC...

Someone should tweet him about it https://twitter.com/smithpelly23
    Last edited by cammy118; 10-13-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast