Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Help! Very Confused re: 2006-07 Be A Player Signatures

I don't often get confused, but when I do, it's gonzo town.

A friend and I were discussing a trade about an 06-07 BAP Shea Weber autograph that he may or may not need. The checklists at both Beckett and here in the SCF Inventory are (I think) a mess when it comes to clarifying exactly what is what. The more I've looked into it, the worse the confusion has gotten for me.

OK, here is what is listed for Shea Weber in the set:

2006-07 Be A Player #207 Shea Weber RC /999 - gold border, serial numbered
    2006-07 Be A Player Autographs #207 Shea Weber AU - blue border, same image as the RC - https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/invimage/show/24652

Good so far, but this is where things get confusing
    2006-07 Be A Player Signatures 25 #207 Shea Weber AU - I assume that this is another variant of the RC that is auto'd and #'d to 25 right? I searched through eBay and couldn't find a single one of them. The photos we have in the set of other rookies look exactly like the one above with no distinguishing serial numbering.

So then I thought, well that's fine, let's see if we can look at any of the veterans and get some possible clarity there. Ohhhhh boy.

2006-07 Be A Player #104 Saku Koivu
    2006-07 Be A Player Autographs #104 Saku Koivu - listed in Inventory as an /10 parallel as are many others on the checklist
    2006-07 Be A Player Signatures #KO Saku Koivu - different image, easy to identify

And then the stuff really goes bonkers:
    2006-07 Be A Player Signatures 10 #113 Saku Koivu
    2006-07 Be A Player Signatures 25 #113 Saku Koivu

Why are these two cards listed with a different set number than the others? Do these exist? Is this a weird error?

If anybody that is a player collector of an 06-07 RC--or just a collector that has all their guy's parallels--can shed some light on the situation and provide some pictures, that would be fantastic!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Despite what is listed in beckett and even UD's website, I have personally never seen any of the rookie autos /25 or /10. That is something you'd have to check with player collectors (I believe there are only 7 or 8 rookies listed as having them anyways. EDIT: After looking around at some people's collections, it seems like the rookies /25 and /10 are insanely tough to find. One guy has the Patrick O'Sullivan /10 though, so I guess they are out there. Though they look way more like the BAP Signature subset than the regular rookie autograph cards that are un-numbered.

As for the veteans, I'll try and explain. There is the regular BAP Signatures that fall one per pack. There are also parallels of the BAP Signatures that look similar to the original BAP Signature card, but with a different colour border and different picture. A confusing part of this is that both parallel sets are skip numbered. All the players have the regular BAP Signature, but then some only have the /25 and no /10, or vice versa, or even both parallels in some cases. Some examples:

Regular BAP Signature

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-07-Player-Signatures-JP-Joni-Pitkanen-AUTO-/320971869598?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item4 abb6a0d9e

BAP Signature /10

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/06-07-BAP-SIGNATURE-AUTO-PARALLEL-JONI-PITKANEN-ed-1-10-PLAYER-AUTOGRAPH-/190737511054?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 c68d7728e

BAP Signature /25

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-07-UD-Player-BAP-Signatures-Gold-Autograph-Auto-Patrick-Marleau-25-/330717325454?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item4 d0049e88e

The base set also has an autograph parallel that is just the base card with an autograph sticker on it numbered to 10.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MATTIAS-NORSTROM-BAP-AUTO-10-10-PLAYER-UD-SWEDEN-KINGS-/190737021204?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 c68cff914

As for the different set numbers, that's just plain checklist silliness as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by cygnusx1; 10-10-2012 at 10:19 PM.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (388)
    Country

I am still confused I am starting to think I will just remove this Weber from my want list and forget this mess never happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well thats kind of a mess. But I do have an Ovechkin BAP auto 10/10 was thinking of getting rid of it for the right price. Kinda thinking that price went up with the mess that makes these even more limited

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have all the Sedins from 06-07 BAP, and the checklist is correct at least for my PC guy. In case you're interested, here's what they look like...

First, the base card, and the x/10 signature parallel, both numbered #43 in the main set

I only have access to my web site right now, don't have the scans of the backs handy but I believe the one on the left is the basic signatures insert set (numbered #HS), and the one on the right is the alternate signatures set #46 and x/10 on the back

And just for fun, the Up Close and Personal x/999 and x/10 signature parallel

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Oh so the second /10 is actually a variant card entirely? I see that it's #46 whereas the regular Henrik + parallel is #43 in the set.

Oi.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See *albatross*'s Items on eBay

This is the Weber card out of */25. The blue auto variant is not hard to find.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (19)
    Country
    See jester240's Items on eBay

My photobucket needs updating but here are all the BAP Webers except the triple.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (19)
    Country
    See jester240's Items on eBay

Here are the BAPs for Weber in 06-07. The BAP portaits was a seperate set but being BAP I have them grouped together.
    Trios is stamped numbered on the front.
    Gold /25 is stamped on the back.
    Rcs/999 is printed on the back
    Last edited by jester240; 10-17-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome, thanks for the help with this!