Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    bench(474)
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees
    My traders on Flickr

Song of the South DVD???

When I was younger my parents took me to the theater to watch a re-release of Disney's Song of the South. I liked it so much they bought me a record - yes, I am that old - with all of the songs from the movie. I understand that it is considered racist by some but it is a really good movie and compared to the smut and racist stuff (listen to any rap song) out today I have a hard time understanding why I can't find a copy of this movie anywhere. Does anyone know if it exists?

Thanks,
    Dewayne

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See knightfam5's Items on eBay

It was never released in the U.S. You can sometimes find it on eBay but usually from another country or a bootleg.

SCF Rewards
    Country

songofthesouth.org

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    bench(474)
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees
    My traders on Flickr

Thanks guys. Just thought I could recreate a childhood memory of a fun movie. Who would have figured there is only bootlegs or foreign versions!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

If you want to go oldschool there is a laserdisc version.I got one at an auction about 2 years ago and resold it but they are out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See doxiesx3's Items on eBay

it was released in Japan & europe on vhs & is the us & japan on lazer disc. thay can be found on ebay and the japan lazer has japan subtitles on the buttom

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    bench(474)
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees
    My traders on Flickr

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I greatly appreciate the feedback and assistance. I am hoping to share with my daughter the magical world of Disney! That is the last cartoon or animated movie I need to get her to complete the collection.