Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See normside's Items on eBay

Suggestion to end the NHL Lockout...

I'm having enough of those NHL lockouts or strikes; name it the way you want... I'm a NHL hockey fan and i want to see NHL hockey... NHL owners, NHL league and NHLPA leaders look at money only... the game and fans are not there at all...

So, here's a suggestion to bring the game back without hitting their pockets and my pocket too much... follow me...Paramaters first...
    - 30 teams
    - 1.5 millions fans per team (fans.. not attendances... fans)
    - 3.3 billions in revenues
    So far, if you do the maths, there are 45 millions fans for 3.3 Billions revenues... $73 average per fan...

Now, let's add these parameters below..
    - 25% profit on league 3.3B revenues.. 825 millions
    - Actual share is 57%/43% between NHL and NHLPA for league viability... 115 millions gap between them
    - Let's say they agree and close at 54%/46% ... the gap will be 66 millions...
    - Difference is 49 millions...

Here's the suggestion... if all fans send $1 to the NHL. $1 to the NHLPA, and $1 to each team's owner ... that's 45 millions for the NHL, 45 millions for the NHLPA, and $45 millions to owners... total 135 millions...well over the 49 millions actual gap. At 5% raise a year, we're good for at least 20 years... and since they do more money this year, we should be good for 30 years... That's $3 added to my yearly $73 contribution... i'm OK with that... Ohhh... are-they talking about cut downs on ticket prices ??? No news on that !

Then, i vote for $1 this year and the 20 next years to come... then $2 yearly starting on year 2032... with that, they should be fat and happy...

Imagine if we all send $1 ....

And bring the game back!

hmmmmm... thinking about gas prices....
    OPC Base set builder + Orr, Bourque, Lidstrom, Harvey & Robinson + UD main set Habs only.

Wantlist - Hidden Content
    Tradelist - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

If only it were that simple...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lets take Buttman on a hunting trip dressed as a deer. Lock them all in a room and do not let them out till the talk out the problems.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Great idea, have the fans pay even more. Don't care if it's $1 or $100.

How about we cut the revenues in half for players and owners, make the players travel on buses and play in smaller arenas that actually sell out, oh wait that's being done ... every European Hockey League.

The whole league needs a slap in the head and I'm hoping the 1.5 million fans per team is ready to rebel.
    BTW somebody must have too many fans because the Islanders only have about 200 of us as fans...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Great idea, have the fans pay even more. Don't care if it's $1 or $100.

How about we cut the revenues in half for players and owners, make the players travel on buses and play in smaller arenas that actually sell out, oh wait that's being done ... every European Hockey League.

The whole league needs a slap in the head and I'm hoping the 1.5 million fans per team is ready to rebel.
    BTW somebody must have too many fans because the Islanders only have about 200 of us as fans...lol

Are you counting the people who go to games when they win or actual Islanders fans? I think 200 is a high number to shoot for with the way they treat fans as an organization.

My suggestion is just bring out that list of divers so that Cindy can't be a drama queen anymore.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

MOUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! Love the ideas !!! OK, let's say that MTL and TOR overcome the NYI empty seats... Oups... missing fans !!!

I love the idea of locking them in a room until an agreement comes out... I can look at sponsors (Dunkin' Donuts or Tim Hortons) to cover for the sandwiches and coffee needs...

The 1.5 million fans per team will be back... i'm sure... we have not payed enough to be really pissed off...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

How about Players get 40%, nhl get 40% and the rest go to the teams so they can lower the ridiculous prices for going to the game....

I think this would all end if players werent allowed to sign a contract to play anywhere else during a lockout....Players are stretching this thing out knowing the owners/nhl will eventually give in because they are losing money...players playing in europe are not losing a penny.....and they are staying in game shape in the process....and now threatening to stay in europe even if nhl/nhlpa come to an agreement....

End the Madness

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

Older fans will not put up with this.

I'm not.

And if you think 1.5 million fans follow each the Canes, Panthers, Jackets. etc. you're gonna have to stop smoking the good stuff.

I wonder if they even have 300K fans for those teams? Phoenix 100K? Is that crazy talk?

I'm only 41 and have finally realized that it's just a game and those people NHL/NHLPA do not deserve my hard earned money. Only when others realize this will problems be solved.

Save your money, and go Hawaii :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mouaahhhhhhhhh !!!! Love that... Toronto, New York, Montreal and Detroit have over 3.o million fans...so i guess they cover for the southern teams...

We know hockey is a businesss.... but how many businesses can afford one lockout every 7 years !!!! They have to make a lot of money !!!!

But i love the idea of Hawaii !!! I'm in !

SCF Rewards
    Country

thats 135 million that could go to charity, instead of rich, overpaid, hockey player snobs, dumb, illogical owners, and all the other overpaid crybabys

seriously i wish the owners just told the players they can play for the deal they gave, or they can go elsewhere.
    the nhl will continue to succeed even without players like ladd, who gets 6million a year, and complains about being "bullied"

come to my house andrew, ill show you a bully, you rich, stupid, overpaid, uneducated, slob.

#playerssuck

(if you havent noticed, im on the owners side)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast