Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Whats With This Site and This Hobby In General

It seems this site is dead minus a few people. Other sites have slowed down and it seems a lot harder to sell on Ebay.

David
    Hidden Content
    Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.

Its not the site or ebay. The baseball and hockey boards are the same. It seems like the hobby as a whole is in a state of low morale. The problems with UD and Panini everyone is having, lack of good product, same designs,high prices,ect. The hobby hasnt got alot of good news recently.Just like the economy, we need continued progress to get back on track. Of course there is alot of good out there, but it just seems as a whole the morale is not too good. Hopefully it can string some good together and get back on course.
    Looking for rare guy lafleur items, and HOF game used nameplates.
    Hidden Content
    Lafleur PC
    Hidden Content

I'm in a rut with buying. Seems all anyone wants to sell is high end items, when I'm looking to buy inserts and such for my PC. I know people have boxes and boxes of base and inserts, but it's like nobody wants to take the time to sell those because they don't bring in the money.

I'm even finding on ebay that there are a lot of higher end cards, or even lower end autos and game used that have high price tags on them.

Like mentioned in a previous post; same product designs, flooded market, and too many issues with companies is causing people to back off it seems like.
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

Too many products is a reason I'm not into the hobby as much as I'd like to be. I miss the days when each company, i.e. Topps, Fleer, UD, Score and Donruss, each produced one product per year. Now each company produces a dozen and it makes it difficult for us casual collectors to keep it all straight haha. Maybe that's just me though......

scammers all left and went to other boards lol, no i think the hobby is down in general! We are facing a worse financial crisis and I think some have wised and card board is not as important as Financial needs for their familes. I am down to football with the economy! I used to do baseball, football and basketball. With all the products even topps puts out, I had to cut baseball. Still pick up propect autos from time to time.

Good news for me, I will only be openinng panini stuff as it was annouced that Andrew Luck is now panini exclusive with his autos!
    Go Gators and Bears!
    I only collect Justin Blackmon and I guess I am getting in the SUPER collector range of Alshon Jeffery! Over 40 autos and rising!

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfanincltnc View Post
    We are facing a worse financial crisis and I think some have wised and card board is not as important as Financial needs for their familes.
    I guess people found out that "I need money so I'll just sell cardboard" isn't as easy as seems.

What gets me is. People think every card they have is gold. So they want me to give them a starters auto for someone on the bench?
    Football Need: 2011 Certified Freshman Fabric Marcell Dareus Auto

I also know that a lot of sports card collectors have kinda of leaned more to the non-sports card side as it is really gaining popularity and as a whole people can get more bang for their buck compared to what regular sports card products do nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
    It seems this site is dead minus a few people. Other sites have slowed down and it seems a lot harder to sell on Ebay.

David
    Site traffic is down at basically every trading card site in the past 12 months.

Don't know what is causing it but 2007-08 was the last time a huge traffic hit happened....the odd thing is that other non sports card sites and even non sports sites have been less active in that time span as well. Maybe Twitter/Facebook has become the new way younger people (younger people tend to post move frequently) communicate interest and not forums?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Site traffic is down at basically every trading card site in the past 12 months.

Don't know what is causing it but 2007-08 was the last time a huge traffic hit happened....the odd thing is that other non sports card sites and even non sports sites have been less active in that time span as well. Maybe Twitter/Facebook has become the new way younger people (younger people tend to post move frequently) communicate interest and not forums?
    Does anyone do the FB or Youtube trading and how it works and how is traffic on it? Seems those would just be full of scammers. Its hard enough on moded boards to keep it from happening.

David
    Hidden Content
    Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast