Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby 87 View Post
    I think people are starting to get tired of these offers " trade a #d to 5 RGIII auto for a half dozen different Kyle Rudolph Base even if you hate the Redskins and love the Vikings" and rather than voice their displeasure they are just leaving
    Are they really leaving or are they the ones who are complaining the loudest. I don't see anyone complaining that they can't trade their Rudolph base for RGIII autos, only the other way around.

The hobby started out for collectors and it's gotten away from it. The sooner it gets back the better. If it takes a lot of people losing a lot of money to get back there so be it. It is still a hobby and it hasn't been ruined, it has just evolved and not for the better IMO.
    Steve Schindler

Collect what you want to collect. Collect players and cards that you like. Collect what you can afford. Collect for you, not to try to impress someone else. If you do this you will much more likely to enjoy the hobby and stay with it.

I personally have just gotten bored. it's the same thing year in and year out without anything new. also have a new daughter so that might have something to do with it as well.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

Quote Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
    Does anyone do the FB or Youtube trading and how it works and how is traffic on it? Seems those would just be full of scammers. Its hard enough on moded boards to keep it from happening.

David
    The thing that baffles me is that people avoid using well established sites like this and many others that have made strides and improvements by getting rid of scammers and implementing tools to help out the trader (Trade Manager etc) and then people (kids mostly I would guess) prefer to use Facebook and Twitter and whatnot. It doesn't make any sense and then when these young collectors get ripped off they will more than likely quit the hobby potential killing a new generation of collectors.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I think another issue as well is there are so many sites period. These 7 Im a member on and 2-3 I actually post on. With so many sites and people spread all over the place I dont think it helps either. If there was 1-2 sites period it would bring a lot more traffic over all. Just sucks when you post on sites and cant get any feedback on wanting to trade for something that seems to be posted all the time.

David
    Hidden Content
    Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.

Well... if the continuing slow economy is hurting, doesn't seem to stop box breakers/case breakers... and their prices seem to be going up or hard/fixed prices and no budge. So I'm not sure it's the economy... yet. My first guess is the card companies... too much product, without much originality, not as many nice hits... people are just not as 'into it' as they once were. It will rebound, always does.
    Football: Cincinnati Bengals, Prestige and old timer greats!
    Hockey: Ottawa Senators, Iginla and old timer greats!

I personally do not sell on here because I got tired of the :
    "I'll give you $3 for the $25 auto shipped." Junk. Which it costs me $3 to ship so how is that making any money?

So that stopped the selling aspect real quick. As for trading I find it hard to find stuff I collect for Pc wise. And to be honest I am tired of trading for Trade Bait. 90% of the stuff I have for trade is from other members that needed a card for their Pc and had nothing I could use for my Pc. So I took trade bait. And now it sits in my card box collecting dust. I want to help out other members but I have too much junk now.

What also hurt trading is the SV bs. Every time I try to trade with a "SV Trader" 2 things happen
    1. They offer you the Lowest SV ever on your Card and don't include shipping costs
    2. They take the Largest Sv their card has EVER had and want that. I had a guy offer me an Eddie George Gu card that had 5 completed sales. 4 (completed sales within 2 weeks of the talks) for $5 and less and 1 (when the product first came out 2 months earlier) for $20. He wanted the $20 sv of course.

And I have to say that really sours you on trading in that fashion.
    Last edited by GeorgehenryCollec; 10-17-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
    I think another issue as well is there are so many sites period. These 7 Im a member on and 2-3 I actually post on. With so many sites and people spread all over the place I dont think it helps either. If there was 1-2 sites period it would bring a lot more traffic over all. Just sucks when you post on sites and cant get any feedback on wanting to trade for something that seems to be posted all the time.

David
    Yeah but all these sites existed before or the same amount existed before so that really can't be it. It isn't an issue that just pertains to this site because while I can go through reasons for a drop in activity here wouldn't apply to anywhere else so it has to be bigger than a site specific issue for the drop.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Yeah but all these sites existed before or the same amount existed before so that really can't be it. It isn't an issue that just pertains to this site because while I can go through reasons for a drop in activity here wouldn't apply to anywhere else so it has to be bigger than a site specific issue for the drop.
    I know I tend to gravitate to here. Beck is a decent site but comes off clickish. And trading is so difficult there. You need to add stuff to an org and then you only get so many items you can add for free. I still think a lot has to do with the flavor of the month collectors/sellers who want to come in and either collect a guy for 2 weeks or sell as high as possible and scram.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

I have trouble making deals on here. I trade and sell at fair prices and get no reply or low-ball offers. Also, I do not like any Panini products and collect football almost exclusively. So, I'm about done until Panini goes away or changes for the better. I don't like Topps products either and only like base UD and SPx for 2012 so far.

Plus, I've milked this site dry of any Rohan Davey cards I need
    Hidden Content

Rohan Davey PC 216/264 (non 1/1)
    Amir Sadollah 62/69 (4/24 1/1's)

For me personally, it simply came down to the economy. For almost the last year my business has been struggling and until now there didn't seem to be anyway it was coming back. I finally got a big contract that should finally make me recession proof. Now that I'll have more money I'll be spending a lot more on cards than I even used to.

However, it will all go to just filling my PC's of Troy Aikman, Jay Novacek and Ty Detmer. I do hate that things are looking down because that will mean some cards that would have been available won't be as much anymore.

I have stayed away from all of the new stuff simply because it is overwhelming and I wanted to be able to make something of my collection.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast