Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lightbulb Totally strange Question about Card shows

I have only been to one or two card shows but recently I have been buying a lot on youtube and sellers do what are called mystery packs ... do people ever do these at card shows ? I am thinking about getting my feet wet in one and think I could have a lot of fun with it ~ here is my thought

I would post pictures of the main hits in each pack so people can see what they could get , and each pack would for sure offer one hit off the picture list ... of course there is a chance to get some " chasers " and a chance to hit a bust ( for instance if the packs sell for 50 , some packs would have the main hit as a 20 dollar card while some would have a 175 + )

kinda looking for advice on this , if anyone has ever seen it done ~ or no ` ~ Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

You may want to check the rules, not sure those are allowed on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No , not here , at an upcoming show ~ Curious if people think they would be successful

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some shows do not allowed them btw.

But if the show you do does it would probably be best to set up before and build up a reputation as a good seller before doing something like this. You might get people buying but you would have more if they knew you and trusted you beforehand.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

^ very good point

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks .... any other input is gladly accepted

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    BO(38)
    Country
    See atcxchange's Items on eBay

I've seen them at shows before as grab bags.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

I would check with the show promoter first before doing it just to make sure it's allowed. IT may be a form of gambling, but I have seen shows where people spin a wheel and get the prize shown where the arrow stops, again anotehr form of gambling. May depend on the promoter or the state the show is being held in.

Roger

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Sounds more like a grab bag or a raffle than gambling,considering your getting something in return other than a cash prize.Also a great idea that you would post pics of what the buyer could pull and what ever it was could be identified on the spot.But yes as the other posters suggested it never hurts to ask.

What would you package them in?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

i dont like the idea of them tbh, kind of a rip off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast